• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious, yet Simple, Forum Sales Etiquette Question...

130 posts in this topic

Is it considered acceptable behavior to post a pricing opinion comment in a Forum Only Sales thread once it's been closed by the OP??

You mean something like "Wow, that was a good price, nice purchase (thumbs u " ?

I see people do it all the time (shrug)

Is it considered acceptable behavior to post a pricing opinion comment in a Forum Only Sales thread once it's been closed by the OP??

You mean something like "Wow, that was a good price, nice purchase (thumbs u " ?

Not exactly the direction my opinion would be heading... :(

More like 'you're price was insane'?

That would be a sad thing to post. Better to send a PM if you are going to try and be helpful.

Exactly, but a bit more diplomatic (and it wouldn't be just my opinion)...

To what end?

Most boardies here would sheeet on themselves if you did this in the sales thread.

Allthough it would probably get this place to hoppin' with excitement this weekend... it might just be best to PM it privately.

Always a tough call...as most of us would agree, generally poor form...but as a community, when a price is perceived as exhorbitantly over-priced, and one feels a compelling duty to protect fellow boardies from getting burned, again, it is a tough call...

Probably a PM first but if the seller came off all put-out and surly, maybe I'd feel then more of a duty to post it... hm(shrug)

Wouldn't you pull a friend aside at a con who was considering to pay double on a book and tell them "dude, that book is worth half that price"...just sayin'

As for the practice, especially if you know the book is being flipped, I feel a pretty strong sense of umbrage at this predator type mentality by the seller... :censored:

2c

To what end?

To alert the uninformed on the Board to the preposterous sale price...

To what end?

To alert the uninformed on the Board to the preposterous sale price...

If it's a closed thread that reasoning doesn't hold up.

That would be a sad thing to post. Better to send a PM if you are going to try and be helpful.

Generally I'd keep my nose out of it, but what if the nature of the book is such that only a handful of Boardies are capable of ascertaining a FMV, and the rest are just potential lambs being led to the slaughter??

A PM to the seller would be useless in warning potential buyers.

I certainly understand the usual Etiquette, I'm just searching for solutions...

Generally I'd keep my nose out of it, but what if the nature of the book is such that only a handful of Boardies are capable of ascertaining a FMV, and the rest are just potential lambs being led to the slaughter??

A couple random thoughts...

Hey man, if you need to play the hero, go for it and take the Boardie hit. What's stopping you?

If only a few people are powerful enough to get FMV, is that really FMV?

How are the rest of us unwashed masses being led to the slaughter, if the sale is closed?

I always want to post but I'm told its bad "posting etiquette". A couple of beers and my posting etiquette is out of the window though.

Honestly... I don't think anyone here is going to be duped into paying a overly high price on anything listed here.

This bunch is pretty darn savey :)

I see it happen every day here, but then, I'm a serial cheap-@ss.