• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Death-Return Print Variant Collection
5 5

257 posts in this topic

As long as you realize the real newsstand version has the bar code. Diamond didn't distribute and with a bar code.

DG

Quite aware of the barcodes. Until late 1993 all of my books were from local gas stations and pharmacies. Incidentally, it was twenty years ago today that I walked home from the local pharmacy reading Superman 75.

As long as you realize the real newsstand version has the bar code. Diamond didn't distribute and with a bar code.

DG

Quite aware of the barcodes. Until late 1993 all of my books were from local gas stations and pharmacies. Incidentally, it was twenty years ago today that I walked home from the local pharmacy reading Superman 75.

:cloud9:

Excellent books and congrats on all the grades.

I have debated on if I should get mutiple sigs on the same book or not. I will probably base it off of how hard it was for me to get a 9.8 copy and if I want to risk that grade by cracking it.

your posting is really cool. I've been looking for a long time for Action 686 II, Superman 77 III, Man of Steel II and Superman 499 III. If you ever get bored of these and want to sell them, I would gladly pay $50 for each. I can be reached at kwticknor at aol.com

that is really cool. I have been looking for Superman 77 III, Superman 499 III, Action 686 II, and Man of Steel 20 II for a long time. If anyone has any extras of those, I would gladly pay $50 for each. I can be reached at kwticknor at aol dot com.

Update: I finally found all 4 of these. Paid $30 for the Action, and $100 each for the other three.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

Yep, the four writers only. I feel it's the appropriate names to go on the book since they are the four who brainstormed the whole story arc together. Besides, Jurgens has an artist credit on this one and Breeding pretty much never does signings. He's the only other artist I would consider for this one.

That, and I've cracked this baby three times already. No way I'm cracking it again after I get Ordway.

Welcome to the thread! Gonna crack it for a fourth sig? That's bold, man. Mine will stay at 2 sigs. Not gonna risk the 9.8 on the platinum.....too expensive for me to replace.

SAM_5485-1.jpg

I am working on the newsstand though. Aiming for all writers and artists.

SAM_5487-1.jpg

Welcome to the thread! Gonna crack it for a fourth sig? That's bold, man. Mine will stay at 2 sigs. Not gonna risk the 9.8 on the platinum.....too expensive for me to replace.

I am working on the newsstand though. Aiming for all writers and artists.

Yeah, it makes me extremely nervous to crack it but I've been very fortunate thus far (heck, i bought this one raw to start).

I like your idea of getting as many sigs as possible on a newsstand edition. I may do that with a one my TPBs at some point because I don't worry about the grade on those at all.