• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nintendo Power Magazines Collectors represent!
1 1

66 posts in this topic

best part of these mags was the large three page full color posters at the centerfold.

Here's the castlevania 3 one. Nintendo Power OA represent?

126078.jpg.c86a7b6758854eac34910958cc6f880e.jpg

126079.jpg.88f6946e137eda5191d140654f9f87a4.jpg

My copies of the first 10 or 20 issues are beat. I'll upgrade them one day.

Hell, I may just sell the lot of them and start over. hm

I used to try to mirrow my collection of games to atleast the Top 10 of that list every month. Thanks that brought back allot of memories. :headbang:

I just recently took my old NES apart, replaced the pin connector, and cleaned out all the dust from the years, and now it powers up like it was first bought.

One thing I can not find online is a replacement shell. My shell is missing the flip cover and I want to replace it. I guess I just have to look harder at swapmeets.

Yikes ... never thought I'd see this. I have every single issue! I even have the pre-Nintendo Power mailers saved. I should scan one. lol

I remember one time I went to renew my Nintendo Power subsription, and the guy asked for my NP Membership #. He stopped and laughed and said ... "That's the lowest Nintendo Power # I've ever seen!"

I've never let it run out.

----

Here is the Pre-Nintendo Fun Club News Thing. I have two issues. This went on for a while until it went full NP. I don't recall the history too well during that time period.

img192.jpg

Edited by Jolthammer1

Yikes ... never thought I'd see this. I have every single issue! I even have the pre-Nintendo Power mailers saved. I should scan one. lol

I remember one time I went to renew my Nintendo Power subsription, and the guy asked for my NP Membership #. He stopped and laughed and said ... "That's the lowest Nintendo Power # I've ever seen!"

I've never let it run out.

----

Here is the Pre-Nintendo Fun Club News Thing. I have two issues. This went on for a while until it went full NP. I don't recall the history too well during that time period.

img192.jpg

Very Cool!

Group shots? :wishluck:

:bump:

Things to do for this thread:

• Get accurate print runs for Issue #1. Both the "Free Copy" & the "Free Poster Inside" version.
  • Find out if CGC grades these things yet. hm
  • Get more scans of NP #1-25 showing on this thread.
  • Show a scan of the Mega Man #3 fold out poster
  • Find out more about the Nintendo Fun Club Magazine
  • Find out the story about how these things were printed. hm

Edited by whetteon

Oh man does that bring back memories! I remember my mom wouldn't let me get a subscription to Nintendo Power but my childhood friend had one and was the only 1 who did in our group of friends. He was the envy of all of us!

I did manage to score the Super Mario 3 special walk-through edition and the Super Mario World walk through as well. Wish I still had those!

In the meantime while you guys are scouring the world for still-fresh copies - here's a site where you can download CBR/CBZ's of the first 25 issues!

http://www.retromags.com/magazines/category/usa/nintendo-power/#.U7LC5ajBJ9V

Just discovered that retromags.com site and it's awesome. I think they have almost all of the issues up to around 150 or so. Downloaded a couple over the weekend because I'm really feeling nostalgic lately and have been picking up some of the old games I used to play as a kid (i'm 34 now....).

Why does mine say "free sample copoy"? I know that when I started ordering Nintendo power in 1988 I started with the second issue so had to back order the first issue and that is what they sent me. Does that sound correct?

Anyway, I actually have a bunch of Nintendo powers collected over 12 years or so.

And yes, the bottom right corner is bent a little bit otherwise it is in pretty good shape.

Does this issue have any value out of curiosity?

IIRC the print run was 3.2m with 2.7m given away and 500k paid copies. I might have that backwards but there are two variants and one is the lions share of the overall copies. #1 has some value for sure; haven't looked to see what they are selling for these days but I'm sure I've seen near mint ish copies at 200+ before particularly if with original envelope etc.

A copy in the condition yours looks to be in was 30 or 40 bucks last I looked