• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 9:46 AM, Point Five said:

I've waited three and a half years to say this:

SAGA #55 is in stores today!

Let me guess....

When you open the cover there's a huge knob front and center... lying cat says "lying" a bunch of times... the stalk is naked... Hazel talks about the time she walked in on her parents.... and the Robot is wandering aimlessly.

I loved the book at first but to me it jumped the shark real, real early.  

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, Erndog said:

Let me guess....

When you open the cover there's a huge knob front and center... lying cat says "lying" a bunch of times... the stalk is naked... Hazel talks about the time she walked in on her parents.... and the Robot is wandering aimlessly.

One of these things is accurate. 

My interest in the series waned over time as well, to the point that I realized I was reading it out of obligation instead of enthusiasm. However, the new issue moves the story forward pretty significantly and I found it very entertaining. The art, as I mentioned earlier, is some of the best I've ever seen. 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:17 PM, Ryan. said:

One of these things is accurate. 

My interest in the series waned over time as well, to the point that I realized I was reading it out of obligation instead of enthusiasm. However, the new issue moves the story forward pretty significantly and I found it very entertaining. The art, as I mentioned earlier, is some of the best I've ever seen. 

I was being a little facetious but yes, I too felt like I began reading the series out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

Having said that, there was certainly some interesting parts and Fiona's art is absolutely amazing.

I am looking forward to seeing what this issue has to offer.  I'll probably end up finishing the series out of habit but fingers crossed it can capture me again.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, Wolverinex said:

I'm sure it will be a graphic intimate  scene...he loves that stuff

On 1/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, Erndog said:

Let me guess....

great that its back, though I am getting tired if the constant gratuitous in your face sex scene.  Not sure it really develops the story, it just shocking because shocking... okay, we get it.

On 8/31/2022 at 3:55 PM, WolverineX said:

Yeah, too much.  I can't believe I am saying this but the sex is  Just too much.   

I’ve held off reading the newest segment as I was genuinely upset how 54 ended. 

I don’t know if I’m ready for the hardcore action yet. 

On 1/25/2023 at 8:04 AM, Point Five said:

Saga #61... new arc begins! I love this cover so much.

100353631_ScreenShot2023-01-25at10_01_35AM.png.f4c0512d9238ff600be6810d0368b7fc.png

I've been reading this in collected editions.  I'm glad to see the series restarted.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, piper said:

I've been reading this in collected editions.  I'm glad to see the series restarted.

I keep dithering about which format to continue with. TPBs make more sense for me for space reasons, but covers like this one have kept me buying the single issues. And there's a *lot* of great covers sprinkled through!

I have been enjoying Saga since it came back.  The Compendium is the best way to take in the first half of the story.  There are zero hopes of this ever becoming a TV show after how Y: The Last Man and Paper Girls got cancelled after season 1.