• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I saw the announcement as well. 
I am glad Saga is back. I think there were far too many fans of the series to let it disappear into the night. 

Saga was actually the book that got me back into reading comic books after a decade long break. 

My only concern has been that this series will become even more SJWaga than ever. 

BKV always pushed the boundaries with peoples’ perceived understanding about diversity and normality, but the purpose of the character arcs have weakened in 3 trade increments. 
Chapters 1-18 are near flawless, whereas 19-36 felt much weaker, and 37-54 were, to me, significantly worse. 

On 10/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, Funnybooks said:

Fantastic!!!  :banana::banana::banana:

On 10/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, Erndog said:

I'm going to have to re-read it now.  Actually looking forward to that

I'm thinking the same thing! Glad to have enough lead time to (maybe) do it.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Apparently the first issue back is somewhat graphic. One of the questions at the Vaughn panel at NYCC involved reading comics on the subway, and he suggested that you not read this issue on the subway. 

I'm sure it will be a graphic intimate  scene...he loves that stuff

Very excited. I didn't read it until the compendium came out. Devoured the thing. I've already reread it once. Question now is will I begin collecting moderns? This series would be the one.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, grendelbo said:

Very excited. I didn't read it until the compendium came out. Devoured the thing. I've already reread it once. Question now is will I begin collecting moderns? This series would be the one.

This is one of the few modern series where I still have the full run of single issues. The covers alone are just gorgeous.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:43 PM, grendelbo said:

On 10/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, Point Five said:

This is one of the few modern series where I still have the full run of single issues. The covers alone are just gorgeous.

I'm torn..I don't buy "new" issues but I'm also not sure I can wait until the collected edition

On 10/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, Funnybooks said:

It’s just so much work…anyone order their new books via online?

No shop you could get to just once a month? Are you serving on a Navy ship or something?