• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

It was never on my list. I was hoping it would somehow find a way to make it off speculation lists. The good news is speculation is addictive and 99.9% of people buying a multitude of copies won't last long.

My prediction is that it will be like many of the "New 52" DC #1's.

It may quickly sell for $10 or maybe even $15 due to LCS in certain areas underordering. People from those few shops will pay extra for it. Emphasis on few.

But it will quickly settle down. Why? Because most LCS aren't underordering them. It seems like everyone is looking for the next big #1 sell out, and this book isn't taking anyone by surprise.

The only way this book has legs is if it's GREAT, and I mean really great. And over the next few issues it attracts even more readers than the BKV fans already buying #1. You'll have plenty of time later to see if that's happening. I'm just buying 1 copy of #1 to read. 2c

i preordered some, probably grab 1 from each LCS i go to, top it off with a couple strays to spur a false sense of rarity in stores that only have 1 left and cause reorders. Might end up with 15.

Thought ebay would be flooded with 50 saga auctions, not many so far.

I really hope you're joking. :facepalm:

mostly :)

I hope not.

just talked to DCBService and looks like there's a 2nd printing being offered for Saga (they wanted me to order them). They're completely sold out of the 1st printing and apparently there's huge demand.

not saying that's a good or bad thing but if you sell out of a supposed 200k copies and people want more...

Edited by krighton

200K?? It won't approach those numbers. It's going to be somewhere between 30-50K. Huge range, I know, but the ceiling on an Image #1 is still limited in today's market.

Edited by MadGenius

yeah that sounds way high....that's almost double the most popular comic title's weekly sales. i could see some stores not getting their full orders and having to ration.

Edited by krighton

i preordered some, probably grab 1 from each LCS i go to, top it off with a couple strays to spur a false sense of rarity in stores that only have 1 left and cause reorders. Might end up with 15.

Thought ebay would be flooded with 50 saga auctions, not many so far.

I really hope you're joking. :facepalm:

mostly :)

You've convinced me to go on my LCS run. Might as well grab minty copies of Saga while I go.

This will likely be the best selling single issue for Image this year. The best selling non-Marvel/DC book in February was BTVS at just under 30,000 copies. I think Saga #1 beats that in March.

You've convinced me to go on my LCS run. Might as well grab minty copies of Saga while I go.

muahahah

anyways i'm paranoid by nature...when i figure there will be tons there i find out they got less than they ordered...when i figure it will be limited there's tons.

So with that logic i think we all assume we can just waltz in and grab one off the shelves whenever we want and will be horrified by the results.

midtown shipped 5 today (their max) not sure if they have any left.

Edited by krighton

There will be tons. I'm not worried. I just haven't done the LCS run in awhile so I'll try my best Beachbum impressions and check a few hundred copies.

well in my smallish town of only 3 1/2 LCS's, supply & demand is sometimes skewed. So i normally have to leave early and wait for the doors to open or the good stuff is gone. I fully expect a large stack of Saga at 1 of the 3 stores but you never know (wonder if they're going to have to cover up that breastfeeding cover).

My goal is also to grab a couple 9.8s before anyone else gets to flip through them.

i know Peter Panzerfaust 2 (and the 1 2nd print) will be much harder to locate than saga

Edited by krighton