• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren Presents #6: Adams/Goodwin or Goodwin/Adams?

5 posts in this topic

I was going through some 70's Horror mags getting ready to Ebay them and I noticed this little oddity in Warren Presents #6, Strange Stories of Vampires.

The first story is credited to Archie Goodwin and Neal Adams, but Goodwin is listed as the artist and Adams as the writer. This is a typo right? Overstreet makes no mention of Adams art in this issue, but it wouldn't be their 1st oversite. Here are a couple sample images from the story:

warrenpresents_p1.jpg

warrenpresents_p2.jpg

If that's Goodwin's art, he does one heck of an Adams impression! The same thing, by the way is listed in the credits on the first page of the mag.

Definitely a typo. I believe that splash page is reproduced in the Neal Adams section of the "Warren Companion" book. It's all Neal, baby.

Warren comics have a ridiculous amount of misspellings and typos to the point where I would not hesitate to call the editing on their books "unprofessional". Thankfully the stories and especially the art were so good that I don't mind overlooking this point. thumbsup2.gif