• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, NP_Gresham said:

City does not matter anymore

Books have spread far and wide by now. I have found variants in the wild in Oregon, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and elsewhere.None of those are anywhere near the suspected distribution areas.

Massachusetts, eh? hm

On 7/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, John Neville said:

My first 35 cent price variant found and no I didn’t pay $3.99 it was 20% off.  Glad it’s a run I collect, I have both 30 cent Price Variants.  I am currently getting this copy pressed and cleaned them off to grading.  4FE0FEEE-1B99-467C-BC04-1195669285FF.thumb.jpeg.d5035c5ad2754e1a07fdce0a04b0e7c3.jpeg

Wow. I need this. I'll multiply your investment 300x.

On 7/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, thesink said:

I'm sure this group will be rather upset with me but thought I would share my 30c SS collection here. My goal (I'm confident its not achievable) is to have all 30c signed by at least 1 member of the creative team or creative team adjacent (character creator, eic...). Some are double signed, some are remarked... Grade doesn't really matter to me and if I found a particularly high grade I probably wouldn't want to risk the grade. This isn't all of the collection, nor do I have all my 30c autographed (who would I even have sign the TGK's or RHK's?). I do have a registry started https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=147162

Allow the flaming to commence!

IMG_1899.thumb.jpg.0a3dc3d0f28cb41773db48c1cae0baa6.jpg

Fantastic. Now are you buying them sending them off or are just picking them as you find them? 

On 7/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, thesink said:

I'm sure this group will be rather upset with me but thought I would share my 30c SS collection here. My goal (I'm confident its not achievable) is to have all 30c signed by at least 1 member of the creative team or creative team adjacent (character creator, eic...). Some are double signed, some are remarked... Grade doesn't really matter to me and if I found a particularly high grade I probably wouldn't want to risk the grade. This isn't all of the collection, nor do I have all my 30c autographed (who would I even have sign the TGK's or RHK's?). I do have a registry started https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=147162

Allow the flaming to commence!

IMG_1899.thumb.jpg.0a3dc3d0f28cb41773db48c1cae0baa6.jpg

That's awesome!

For the ones where all the creators have passed- looks like the Rawhide Kids and Two-Gun Kids unfortunately are in that boat - a thought would be to have them signed by Marv Wolfman, who was Marvel's Editor-In-Chief during the time period.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, fastballspecial said:

Fantastic. Now are you buying them sending them off or are just picking them as you find them? 

Most of these I had done myself in person or through a facilitator (still hope to get a JRSR I have in through a private signing). I have purchased some, a few more than I would like due to Covid.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, FlyingDonut said:

For the ones where all the creators have passed- looks like the Rawhide Kids and Two-Gun Kids unfortunately are in that boat - a thought would be to have them signed by Marv Wolfman, who was Marvel's Editor-In-Chief during the time period.

Good call on the Wolfman’s. I’m hoping that he would write “editor-in-chief” below his sig so it gets noted by CGC  on the header. I have almost all of the westerns, but missing 1 or 2 which is what I have for him. It’s been a bit of a ride since I do collect other SS comics and I don’t want to spend my whole cash allotment on 30c’ers.