• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

Batman's cape in the 27 story does not match the cover either in terms of the furls, number of points and ribbing, but the cape in the 29 is a match. Whatever the case may be, the cover to the 27 is the first to herald Batman's first appearance and that's all that counts.

Edited by Ameri
expanded

Just finished watching the first Batman serial on TCM.  The Second serial starts Saturday.

Ron Haydock reviewed the first serial in Alter Ego 4.  I have another book that features the second serial with stills and other stuff.

ae batman.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 10/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, BB-Gun said:

Just finished watching the first Batman serial on TCM.  The Second serial starts Saturday.

Ron Haydock reviewed the first serial in Alter Ego 4.  I have another book that features the second serial with stills and other stuff.

ae batman.jpg

The second Batman serial is one that I saw at the theater (the Majestic Theater where I used to work).  I went each week to see the whole thing.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, Hoarder said:

I had this for awhile but just got it reholdered in its proper pedigree holder.  I consider this a joker cover!

C0E173FE-FBF7-4308-B582-82ECE022BFB3.jpeg

When I was trying to collect all of the Joker covers, this was on my list. Another that some overlook is Detective 138, the Invisible Joker.

161616-18058-112209-1-detective-comics.j