• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil # 7 Club

88 posts in this topic

If there is any Daredevil book, aside from # 1, that deserves it's own appreciation thread it must be # 7. For me, this is the best Daredevil cover of all time.

Yup, move over Miller, Steranko, and Colan you guys have some great covers in this series, but Wally Wood knocked it out of the park with this one. So, post your books and show some love for the first appearance of Daredevil in his iconic red costume. Also, even if you are not a fan of Daredevil get a copy and show some love anyway as this cover depicts Namor smacking him around a little. :grin:

I'll start things off with one of my copies. This pic doesn't do this book justice as once in hand you can see that not only is this book extremely well centered, but the colors are amazing and the cover gloss is top notch.

Daredevil%25207%2520-%2520CGC%25208.5%2520Universal.JPG

One of Marvel's greatest covers in my opinion.

Most people on these boards that know me know that this is one of my favourite books of all time.

I've had 5 9.4 copies pass through my hands through the years.

Love it!

Wow, you've let 5 9.4 copies go! Do you have one of the amazing 9.6 graded copies for your own collection?

Hah, just checked. Didn't realize there were 2 9.6 copies now.

I know Doug Schmell owns one. Wonder who owns the other?

My first copy was a copy I bought off a LCS wall for $900. It came back 9.4 SP resto.

The other copies I came across happened when I was a dealer so I couldn't afford to keep them...they were all inventory.

One day, I'd love to track one of them down for keeps.

One of your more modest copies, Roy, that sits quite comfortably in my collection. (thumbs u

If GAtor is the Tec 27 kid, I'm happy to be remembered as the DD 7 kid.

(thumbs u

One of Marvel's greatest covers in my opinion. (Agreed)

Most people on these boards that know me know that this is one of my favourite books of all time. (Indeed)

I've had 5 9.4 copies pass through my hands through the years. (1 of his 5 :acclaim: )

DD7cgc94oww50p.jpg

Roy, as always, you :headbang:

I still feel :cloud9: when I first walk by it every morning

And DD 7 kid is a ^^

One of the greatest silver age mismatches of all time -- but it was a fantastic story. I first read this one in the 1974 GIANT SUPERHERO HOLIDAY GRAB-BAG Treasury.

That same book also had the classic HULK vs. THING battle from FF 25 & 26 - Man, I re-read that book until it literally fell apart!

I barely limp into the club with my beater copy. Classic cover.

Post a pic! It's all about the love for the book. To me there is no such thing as a "beater" copy. I like to refer to them as "aggressively read yet well loved" copies. (thumbs u