• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculative Predictions for Walking Dead keys?

130 posts in this topic

I have to agree with what Branget is implying. Why not make the title of the thread "how can those knowledgeable make me money"

Read the series, do the research. I am about up to here with speculation threads that just are pure laziness.

I know I am going to get jumped for it but flat out truth. Read the books, buy what you think could be worthwhile but don't expect others to do it for you.

I just feel we have officially entered the 90s again this past month in the modern forum.

Where are all those Fatale backers? In and out by issue 3...NEXT!

Wow, didn't know this thread had so much going on.

Very much agreed with what I've bolded. What ever happened to just talking about comics?

In addition, what "all those Fatale backers" are you talking about JJ? Yes, where are they? I think there are only a couple or so who actually talk about the book. lol I wish they would get on board and talk about the book. I know lots of people have bought the book, but no one wants to contribute to the "with spoilers discussion thread. I left the other thread because of too much talk about speculation.

Anyway, I totally agree, buy what you dang like.

Sorry, back to TWD topic. Just had to throw that in there.

Wow! I think you need to go and read the Locke & Key thread start to finish. I'd be surprised if you still had that opinion.

I kind of said that wrong, I meant since the enjoyment of collecting Locke and Key crashed and burned for him, not the actual series/ universe for the rest of you collecting it.

Ever since he sold off his uber high grade Locke and Key stuff he has been debbie downer on everyone else who collects moderns and thinks they are of some value.

I have to agree with what Branget is implying. Why not make the title of the thread "how can those knowledgeable make me money"

Read the series, do the research. I am about up to here with speculation threads that just are pure laziness.

I know I am going to get jumped for it but flat out truth. Read the books, buy what you think could be worthwhile but don't expect others to do it for you.

I just feel we have officially entered the 90s again this past month in the modern forum.

Very much agreed with what I've bolded. What ever happened to just talking about comics?

In addition, what "all those Fatale backers" are you talking about JJ? Yes, where are they? I think there are only a couple or so who actually talk about the book. lol I wish they would get on board and talk about the book. I know lots of people have bought the book, but no one wants to contribute to the "with spoilers discussion thread. I left the other thread because of too much talk about speculation.

I'm still reading Fatale but I have to order or eBay each issue since my little book store doesn't carry it. So I'm usually a week or two behind on some ofthe se issues which doesn't do me any good to discuss it I the spoiler thread. I'm probably going to wait and buy the TB. The same thing for ToT.

I'm still reading Fatale but I have to order or eBay each issue since my little book store doesn't carry it. So I'm usually a week or two behind on some ofthe se issues which doesn't do me any good to discuss it I the spoiler thread. I'm probably going to wait and buy the TB. The same thing for ToT.

My LCS loves Fatale since I requested it to be stocked. Since you responded to my Fatale post, PM sent. I'll hook you up. (thumbs u

Wow! I think you need to go and read the Locke & Key thread start to finish. I'd be surprised if you still had that opinion.

I kind of said that wrong, I meant since the enjoyment of collecting Locke and Key crashed and burned for him, not the actual series/ universe for the rest of you collecting it.

Ever since he sold off his uber high grade Locke and Key stuff he has been debbie downer on everyone else who collects moderns and thinks they are of some value.

I think I got what you mean and I suggest reading the thread to get a more accurate picture of Jerel...seriously. (thumbs u

but the first issue of the WD is going to remain a $1000 book.
Nope, the hype is here (money to made) and it after 500+ 9.8's are graded...

Over 200 now. Halfway there now. :tonofbricks:

We will see a market "correction". Hopefully it holds at $250 for the investors. . :wishluck:

Do you really think there will be in excess of 500 9.8 copies CGC graded on such a low print run?

Yup. Large print runs isn't the thing that helps "realize" huge census numbers of a grade, a nice profit might help press the issue for some guys to get that 9.8 grade too.

Enjoy it while it lasts folks. Everytime someone talks about buying, winning or selling these books, the money hairs on the back of people's necks stand and go "Woo Woo Woo" and want in on the action too. There will be enough of these to go around soon and we will look back at these prices realized in these times and say "Why didn't I start out at the ground floor of a title?" or "Why didn't I just buy the one of a kind OA instead?".

Exactly the reason why I started collecting OA.

What The... !!! :mad:

That just pisses me off.

I think I got what you mean and I suggest reading the thread to get a more accurate picture of Jerel...seriously. (thumbs u

I read the thread before, he poured his heart and soul into collecting everything L&K in high grades over years and in the end completely changed focus. The fun in collecting these disappeared did it not? Since he has sold off his run now the majority of his posts towards anyone speculating or discussing moderns going up in value is that the bubble is gonna burst, or you are just wasting your time and effort.

Some of us put a ton of time and effort into collecting WD books like he did L&K and it pisses me off that a lot of people think this book has hit the bubble already and that the books will be lucky to hold onto prices realized from even 2009 to early 2010. There is nothing to compare to this franchise from the last 25 years truly when it comes to what will happen to the value of these comics.

I would love to put my money where my mouth is on this subject and for anyone who thinks that the prices being realized at this moment have us at the point of zero return on investments across the majority of WD issues is wrong. Would love to bet some folks and have the money held in escrow by a trusted board member that the majority of these issues will be worth more a year from now or even two years from now because this show is going to have legs which will make the comics have legs.

Some of us put a ton of time and effort into collecting WD books like he did L&K and it pisses me off that a lot of people think this book has hit the bubble already and that the books will be lucky to hold onto prices realized from even 2009 to early 2010. There is nothing to compare to this franchise from the last 25 years truly when it comes to what will happen to the value of these comics.
Well. In total retrospect, from my perspective, it wasn't worth the effort I put in L&K, due to losing some of my soul in the process. I cannot lie, all the facts why I dumped that title have not been told and will most likely won't be either. It was not over $$$, as many people know I trudged through 2009 paying absurd prices on books not worth $5 in eBay auctions (my perfect CGC 10 dream). My opinion on speculation is based mainly from my on and off seven years on here, watching graded books go up and down in similiar patterns, not from any hatred of Modern titles. lol The more books get submitted to a weakening comic community demand thus prices drop. That's all. I love TWD. I enjoy the TV show. But, if you are asking me to jump on a speculation rollercoaster, I'm not gonna. Been there done that, before collecting graded Grimm Fairy Tales. I lost too much at it. I think it's great you and others want to put together well planned out runs like TWD. I will look forward to any personal posts on reactions to the books in the Thread started by Danny many moons ago. Seeing people's passion for this hobby is just as interesting as Carl surviving a mishap at the hands of Douglas. I'm actually collecting a few moderns to be graded in sets now. Like my Grimm and L&K sets before, I usually shroud them in secrecy for a year or two before requesting a set slot from Gemma. I like to pick a title on the groundfloor myself and not too popular. That's just me. I actually worried everyday when I posted on the L&K Thread, that someone would just say "Shut-Up! Your book's are worthless and they suck". I really didn't know people liked what I was saying on there until recently and I promise I'll show-off some titles they might enjoy catching themselves. I'll just leave the coventions to the professionals also. I rather not meet a creator again. Ever.

I read the thread before, he poured his heart and soul into collecting everything L&K in high grades over years and in the end completely changed focus. The fun in collecting these disappeared did it not? Since he has sold off his run now the majority of his posts towards anyone speculating or discussing moderns going up in value is that the bubble is gonna burst, or you are just wasting your time and effort.

I would love to put my money where my mouth is on this subject and for anyone who thinks that the prices being realized at this moment have us at the point of zero return on investments across the majority of WD issues is wrong. Would love to bet some folks and have the money held in escrow by a trusted board member that the majority of these issues will be worth more a year from now or even two years from now because this show is going to have legs which will make the comics have legs.

If you reached that conclusion then you did NOT read the thread. Period.

Find your trusted boardie and I'll take your bet.

this show is going to have legs which will make the comics have legs.

:roflmao: I'm not laughing at what you said ... I'm laughing becuase we finally agreed about something ... I think I may be having a nervous breakdown.

If you reached that conclusion then you did NOT read the thread. Period.

Find your trusted boardie and I'll take your bet.

I'll hold the money...

I cant bring myself to the same conclusion some of you are making when comparing the 90s to the comics out right now. The books out in the last few months are very good not WD excellent, but good. There not junk by any means. In fact in the last few months some excellent titles have come along all with great potential. Its been some of the best modern reading I have read in years.

Some of the inherent problems pop up with you start slabbing a new modern. Why anyone in their right mind would slab a modern before its been out at least 6 months is beyond me.(I guess varaints and SS would be a little different.) I have been on here long enough to see that there are a select few who do this full time and have both the connections and comic book intelligence/savy to make it work well for them. They are all telling many of you same thing listen to them.

WD success is just incredible as I watch the books continue to appreciate and at my place of work I have at least 30 people hooked on the show that never watch Zombies. This series is going mainstream and I couldnt be proud that something from my hobby is changing the medium for comics. Now whether that is good or bad I cant answer, but I am enjoying the attention. (They want to ask me questions about the show, but then get mad when I tell them. lol )