• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who commented in the thread! Its nice to see people understand how big of an under taking this is.....talk to non comic book friends and you get mocked...lol...Picked up a few books this week. Got this Amazing Adult Fantasy #10 from the boards very own Jimbo..and by the way hes is also a friend of Jesus! James gave me a sick deal on this one! (worship) Great seller! Thanks Bro!

2012-04-12061704.jpg[/img]

Picked up two more Pre-Hero books from Bob Beerbohm, BLBcomics on Ebay. Thanks to Rodan57 for pointing them out to me! :headbang: Both present pretty nice for the grade given. Any one else smell the comics when you are inspecting them? The smell takes me right back to my youth! :cloud9:lol

Strange Tales #96 VG

2012-04-12062013.jpg[/img]

Strange Tales #99 VG+

2012-04-12061836.jpg[/img]

I miss it already!!!!!! It was :screwy: to sell my only copy...........glad to be a part of this huge undertaking though. GL with the rest!

Got this one today. One of the last few big First appearance books I need. And a pretty big Spider Man key!

I am only down to needing First appearances of the Sandman, The Impossible Man, Odin, Black Widow, Ant-Man in Costume and Trapster/Paste Pot Pete lol to have all the Superheros from the 20 years I am collecting.

2012-04-04170457.jpg[/img]

Great stuff, I know how hard (and expensive) it is to try and complete a task like this.

I was never able to commit to chasing down the romance stuff.

Good luck and keep going. (worship)

Just picked up this TTA # 43 from Lone Star Comics...This is pretty high grade for me! lol Always liked this cover. :cloud9: This brings me down to just 15 more hero issues to have them all.

2012-04-18165546.jpg[/img]

:applause:

Now that's a book you dont see every day! (worship)

Just got two books from Jerry Weist off Ebay that also came today. First one is prior to 1/1960. Released on 11/55.

Rawhide Kid #5. I have been chipping away at a Rawhide Kid set for years. I am down to needing 3 more comics for the #1 released 3/1955 to #151 released 5/1979 set. Real happpy with this copy. I figured my low ball bid would not stand up. But it did! :headbang:

2012-04-27175048.jpg[/img]

Second book from Jerry Weist is a Marvel Key, with a great classic cover! :cloud9:

JIM #89 Origin of Thor retold. I am about to turn 40 :sick: And I still get excited to get comics in the mail. lol

2012-04-27175006.jpg[/img]

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Second book from Jerry Weist is a Marvel Key, with a great classic cover! :cloud9:

JIM #89 Origin of Thor retold. I am about to turn 40 :sick: And I still get excited to get comics in the mail. lol

2012-04-27175006.jpg[/img]

DAMN!!! You're f-ing old man!!! You still able to get to the mailbox ok there buddy at your age??? :baiting:

I dont hit 40 til the 6th so i'm sprinting out to the mail to get my comics like a little kid not like you dragging your May5th Bday old down to the mailbox! :devil:

Those are some SWEET books! I cant even imagine putting a whole Rawhide kid run together. I dont think i've ever even seen half of them in person much less had a chance to buy them. Thats a hell of a feat when you finish that! (worship)

DAMN!!! You're f-ing old man!!! You still able to get to the mailbox ok there buddy at your age??? :baiting:

I dont hit 40 til the 6th so i'm sprinting out to the mail to get my comics like a little kid not like you dragging your May5th Bday old down to the mailbox! :devil:

Those are some SWEET books! I cant even imagine putting a whole Rawhide kid run together. I dont think i've ever even seen half of them in person much less had a chance to buy them. Thats a hell of a feat when you finish that! (worship)

Yeah real old! 40 sucks. And your a day later...Nice! I dont feel 40...yet. lol

Yeah man, Rawhide Kid set will be real cool. Not easy to find some of them. Feels pretty good to be three issues away from a full set! But the three issues may take quite awhile to track down. I really enjoy obsure stuff. :cloud9:

On another Obsure note...I am down to needing 14 more issues of Crazy (Curtis Marvel) Mag, from Oct 1973 to Apr. 1983, for the #1-94 set. Now who can say they have a full run of Crazy. lol

Hey, sorry to hi jack your thread here a little but wanted to show you this! Since it's basically your fault i had to spend all the money for these from you telling me how awesome they are and how much you love them, i hope you wont mind.

I've been getting like 1 a month since we talked about them and you convinced me how sweet they are. There's still like 5-6 i'd like to get if i can find a good deal but these are pretty much all the ones i wanted bad enough to pay full price and get. The great Ultron one on the left is the most awesome thing ever!

bowen5.jpg

Edited by sufunk