• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Just got these.

Strange Tales #88 ZZUTAK! VG/F

2012-06-16165356.jpg[/img]

This one is just outside the 1/1960 cut off. But I planned to collect the first few TTA and TOS. Bought this off the board, from Miamiknight3434.

TOS #2

2012-06-16165659.jpg[/img]

I know this is not silver age. But I am also trying to put together a full set of Curtis/Marvel Mags for the 1970s. Ok, I am a really big fan of hard to find stuff...and just plain weird stuff. Here is one I have never saw before. I saw someone talk about this Mag in a Mag thread well over a year ago. I never knew it existed. Found it on Ebay. Really sharp copy too!

Tommy The Movie #1 (1975)

2012-06-18160458.jpg[/img]

And just to prove how sick I am with collecting Marvel drek! Here is the full Limited Series from 1984....

Starriors #1-4 :sick:

I really loved Limited Series from this time. Really liked the heading on the comics to let you know it was a mini...and what number in the set it was. :cloud9:

2012-06-27085338.jpg[/img]

Not even close to Silver, from 1991 :sick: But I dont really go into the thread where this should be placed. The hunt for the last few 1960 Marvels I need (60 more comics) is really slowing down...but I keep seeing either older or newer books that I want. :cloud9:

A really cool Marvel Mini header comic. Plus a pretty cool book.

Transformers #80 :headbang:

2012-07-05180425.jpg[/img]

Finished a title! :acclaim: Just got the last issue I needed for Strange Tales from the first hero issue #101 10/62 to #188 11/76.

Strange Tales #104 first Trapster/Paste Pot Pete. Boardie Jimjum found this one for me. Thanks Bro!

2012-07-25163116.jpg[/img]

Finished a title! :acclaim: Just got the last issue I needed for Strange Tales from the first hero issue #101 10/62 to #188 11/76.

Strange Tales #104 first Trapster/Paste Pot Pete. Boardie Jimjum found this one for me. Thanks Bro!

Well done bud. :applause:

Finished off the grand daddy of all Silver age sets! AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!!!! :acclaim::acclaim::acclaim: Worked on this set for over 20 YEARS!!! This was one of the first titles I collected when I got interested in comics in the 80s. Made me start buying Web of Spider Man and Peter Parker new issues and back issues...both of which I finished a long time ago. But Amazing was always expensive. So I would just chip away at the set. Never thinking I would one day complete it because of the prices. I also worked backwards in the numbering....Which by the way you should NEVER DO. Leaves you with all the big books at the end...and if you worked on it for 20 years...Like I did. All the ealry books go up in price SOOOOOO much more then the later issues did...which i bought first. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks: So now I have #1 to current #682. I have not picked up my sub in about two months :o ....So I am sure there are a few newer ones waiting for me.

And here is the last one I needed...

Amazing Spider Man #4 CGC 4.0 First Sandman!!! :headbang::acclaim::headbang:

2012-07-28093433.jpg[/img]

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Only one person thought it was cool that I finished the hero run of Strange Tales? Wow. Whats the comic collecting world coming too??? lol Low grade collectors get no props! I have to buy some 9.8 copies of 5 dollar books. Then everyone comes out of the woodwork. lollollol

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Only one person thought it was cool that I finished the hero run of Strange Tales? Wow. Whats the comic collecting world coming too??? lol Low grade collectors get no props! I have to buy some 9.8 copies of 5 dollar books. Then everyone comes out of the woodwork. lollollol

Strange Tales in any grade is quite an accomplishment, I still need 101,102,103 & 107. Not easy at all.

Congrats on the AMS #4 also.

I collected exactly the same way, the later (cheapest issues first) :tonofbricks:

Thanks Bro! (thumbs u Only one person thought it was cool that I finished the hero run of Strange Tales? Wow. Whats the comic collecting world coming too??? lol Low grade collectors get no props!

Props! (worship)

The Ditko Dr. Strange are a highlight of Silver Age Marvel.

ST135p1.jpg

Fantastic. Well done. :headbang: