• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHY WHY WHY WHY??????

32 posts in this topic

I agree its a hell of a lot of money, but as mentioned on another thread, there may never be anymore cgc 10's of this book, so unless that cgc bubble bursts that everyone is talking about, there is a better chance of a return on this book that say a cgc 9.8. I guess just stick it in the bank vault and watch the pages and years fall off your calender before selling.

Because people are stupid, that's why. How is the story or art? Never picked it up. This is what happens to hobbies when speculators jump on the bandwagon. Right before the market dies. It's not even that rare. I believe there are more of these than any other comic. Ever compare a 9.8 to a 10.0? Not really a difference.Could just be dealers swapping books back and forth. Does anyone remember Sothebys and the other big auction house got busted a couple of years ago doing just that. I think someone did time for it. What sucks for him if it's real is that he can't do anything (Unlike model trains or a motorcycle) with it. All he can do is stare at a black cover and remember 9-11. Oh, the fun.................

Odds are incredibly high that the high bidder and the seller have a "whole lot in common" (e.g., same name, address, phone number, sense of ethics, sparkling personality, belief that everyone else is substantially inferior in mental capacity, etc.).

Actually python, that's an incredibly ignorant, and inaccurate statement to make. How do you make such a claim? my selling record is STELLAR my friend, not one single complaint so what are you basing this libel on? a scan I used?

You prove yourself a small individual when you make invidious remarks that are backed up by NOBODY and NO EXAMPLES! The ASM# 36 CGC 10.0 winner had ZERO to do with me, and there was ZERO "shill bidding" in this auction. The only reason it was private was because of the example YOU just showed, so please watch what you say in the future. mad.gif

I will never bid on an auction where the bid identities are private. It is too easy for the seller to manipulate the auction and no one would ever find out. Not saying this is the case 100% of the time but I would rather not play games with my money and get into a bidding war with the seller.

Did we happen to hit a nerve? It's funny how the truth often does that because people like you hate to be called on it. When I hear your jumbled, nonsensical retorts laced with venom but containing no real substance, I am reminded of an old saying "ME THINKS THOU DOST PROTEST TOO MUCH". Like a guilty man proclaiming he's innocent in the hopes someone will listen. I don't think any one is.

By the way, your constant use of legalese is really becoming tiresome. Most attorneys (myself included) do not feel the need to announce their profession in every conversation they have.

Ponders..where is my mention of my counselorship? of course, there IS none, you're just looking for trouble as usual I guess, you know the saying...correct? You're a small person python, very small!

And you never answered my questions because you can't...there IS no proof because there ARE no incidents, you're just a liar, and a professional one at that. tongue.gifshocked.gif

So you have decided to employ the "liar, liar, pants on fire" defense to my observations/opinions that your "private" auction raised suspicions. Remembering back to the 4th grade (a period of development at which you appear to be stuck), the appropriate response to that statement would be "I know you are but what am I." What's next, are you going to tell me that your mother can beat up my mother?

Crook? and please tell us all how so little man? suing you? nahhhhhhhhh, that would be like trying to educate you, pointless!

and finally I think you should now accept...that you're my son! and get over itgrin.gif

Awwwww...so Mr. Big Mouth is all talk & no action after all.

What a big freakin' shock! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Just keep shootin' off that hole you call a mouth; everyone on this site knows you for the thieving, immoral, unethical little person you are. I was just lucky enough to be the one to put it in print.

Next time you TRY to threaten someone, consider the possibility of someone calling your bluff...

How weak you must be. Sad. frown.gif

Jerk

Exactly, you COULDN'T answer the question either, because you're a prevaricator.

Oh yeah, and the JLA sucks!

grin.gif

"ignorance is ignorance; no right to believe anything can be dereived from it"

Sigmund Freud