• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fanzines & Magazines about Comic Books
2 2

208 posts in this topic

I probably have at least 100 Amazing Heroes issues, but this one if my favorite.

100_3408_zpsqvd44dyf.jpg

I believe that this one was a retailer incentive for the story line.

100_3415_zpskclzd9j1.jpg

100_3409_zpscxtaq6bi.jpg

100_3411_zpsiqcsz6l8.jpg

100_3412_zpsm9py3463.jpg

I also have a handful of Comics Feature that I am trying to fill my run in.

100_3413_zpsrv6qvdd3.jpg

Comics Journal is also on my list and this one is my favorite issue. It is a whopping 336 pages. Also, I really like Elfquest. I have a few of their story lines. Just trying to complete Shards.

100_3414_zpskcjosfma.jpg

This is a great thread!

I’d love to contribute, but I fear I have not much fanzines in english… hm

I know for sure I have an issue of Squa Tront somewhere…

I suspect many of us would love to see foreign ones, especially some art scans and maybe a synopsis about content in English.

This is a great thread!

I’d love to contribute, but I fear I have not much fanzines in english… hm

I know for sure I have an issue of Squa Tront somewhere…

I suspect many of us would love to see foreign ones, especially some art scans and maybe a synopsis about content in English.

I’ll see what I can do but my collection is very limited. hm

And the most of what I have are not about super-heroes but I can dig out some from the 1990s.

I attended the NY Comicon in 1974 but I don't remember seeing that. It was a long time ago. In fact, I haven't seen any of the fanzines on this page and I have seen a lot of fanzines. Thanks for putting them up.

thanks for the reply, I was told Jerry Iger help with this fanzine. and this copy comes from his personal collection. hopefully someone in the boards seen this fanzine before or has info. thanks Ron

Kind of rings true but can't confirm. I was there and don't remember that fanzine but I did get Jerry Iger's autograph!!

I attended the NY Comicon in 1974 but I don't remember seeing that. It was a long time ago. In fact, I haven't seen any of the fanzines on this page and I have seen a lot of fanzines. Thanks for putting them up.

thanks for the reply, I was told Jerry Iger help with this fanzine. and this copy comes from his personal collection. hopefully someone in the boards seen this fanzine before or has info. thanks Ron

Kind of rings true but can't confirm. I was there and don't remember that fanzine but I did get Jerry Iger's autograph!!

nice, I came across someones collection few years back. the collection was sold to me with 2 sketches done by jerry iger signed I believe in 1985. which also was told that the fanzines belong to Jerry Iger. Fanzines were created 1974- which were sold and advertise in CBM and Inside Comics 1974?.

Great thread!

Let me contribute with this little gem by Steve Herring, Jay Kinney, and Dave Herring, Odd Magazine #12. According to the book "Founders of Comic Fandom" by Bill Schelly, this was the final issue by the trio, as Dave soon shipped off to Vietnam after it was published. They wanted to go out with a bang, and I think they certainly hit the mark.

73e471e6-9833-48b8-9c86-7290975e9236.jpg

Great thread!

Let me contribute with this little gem by Steve Herring, Jay Kinney, and Dave Herring, Odd Magazine #12. According to the book "Founders of Comic Fandom" by Bill Schelly, this was the final issue by the trio, as Dave soon shipped off to Vietnam after it was published. They wanted to go out with a bang, and I think they certainly hit the mark.

Why not 1938 and 10 Action #1's?

Great thread!

Why not 1938 and 10 Action #1's?

Truth be told, I was wondering the same thing.

I don't have a whole lot of fanzines in my collection, but, here is something I picked up for $1 on FCBD this past Saturday. It is Fandoms Special #1 from 1965. What is really cool is by the images is states, "Traced by Bruce Cardazo". It covers write-ups of AF15, ASM 1 - 23, and ASM Annual 1. It was kinda cool reading about the culture at that time. Stating that ASM1 was floating around everywhere you went and how he had two of them. Does anyone know anything about this fanzine? I haven't really found any info online. <a  href=IMG_7166_zpscamitpax.jpg' alt='IMG_7166_

IMG_7167_zpsnsiux55c.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps62oqxu4b.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this fanzine? I haven't really found any info online.

Bruce Cardozo published 4 issues of Fandoms (the lack of an apostrophe was intentional) Special during 1965 and each issue got better and better. His father, Bob Cardozo, was an obscure Timely artist during the golden age and contributed to later issues. The 4th issue featured a cover by Mike Vosburg, and several strips by other soon-to-be-pros including 9 pg Peacemaker strip with story/art by Marv Wolfman and 12 pg Dave Gypsy strip by Vosburg. It also included ads for Wolfman's What Th ... and his Stories of Suspense, and Super Adventures fanzines. Wolfman's Stories of Suspense #2 featured the first fully published story by Stephen King, and his Super Adventures zine featured frequent collaborations with his best friend Len Wein. Fandoms Special #1 you bought is probably worth around $40-50 as there were only 100 run off the ditto machine, whereas there are plenty of #3 & 4 available as they were offset printed in much higher quantities. I have issues #1, 3 and 4, but have never been able to find #2, which was again printed in glorious blue ditto ink (and is thus very rare).

Does anybody have any information on the below fanzine (LOC or Letter of Comment) and issue? It's in a lot of comics I'm considering purchasing and couldn't find much about it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

LoC+%231+(Self-published+-+January+1980).jpg