• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers Annual #10 CGC 9.8! Excellent BIN

14 posts in this topic

Its our boy from Time Travelers again.....The RIPOFF artist....he has a long box full of these and hes sending them out to CGC one at a time.....I wouldnt pay $50 for it with that knowledge. mad.gif

he has a long box full of these and hes sending them out to CGC one at a time.....I wouldnt pay $50 for it with that knowledge.

Surely "vbirdsley" (the buyer) must realize this??? After all, he has now pulled the BIN trigger at $299.95 repeatedly for this book. Does he know something about this book that we all don't know? confused.gif

Gene

Darn......Bruce almost had that book with his second highest bid.......of $31.13........loltongue.gif

That's actually more in line with what this book is probably worth......but it just looks funny next to the winning bid when someone pulls the trigger on the $300 "buy it now". crazy.gif

I'll bet you our boy Birdsley is looking for Rogue to be in one of the upcoming X-Movies.

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine stole the spotlight in the first X-Men flick, then came Ian McKellan's Magneto...but wasn't Anna Paquin's Rogue the 3rd most prominently featured character in the film? What more could anyone be looking for from this character???

Gene

...but wasn't Anna Paquin's Rogue the 3rd most prominently featured character in the film?

Buzz on X-men 2 movie is that Rogue will be the center of teen love triangle between Bobby Drake, the Iceman, and new comer, Pyro. There even talk of a little DP scene...whoa, holdup...wrong genre... tongue.gif

Now spank me silly and call me the Rawhide Kid. Yeehaw, yippee-ca-yay with two snaps and a twist!

Come on guys; read your Wizard and that Avg Annual #10 is a steal at $300...time to break open your piggy banks!

Both the story and the plot centered around Rogue in the first film. I doubt we'll ever see her play as large a role as that again. Wolverine stole the show, but it was more because of his popularity and Jackman's performance than because he was given more screen time than Rogue.

Rogue could steal more attention in a future film, but not as long as Bryan Singer and the screenwriters continue to avoid incorporating the elements of her character that made her popular in the comic book. In the comic she was outgoing and spunky; in the film she's introverted and quiet. In the comic she wore a skin-tight outfit; in the film she wears clothes that hide her figure. Paquin's got a decent figure, too, if they ever decide to show it off.