• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 x-men issue 7

9 posts in this topic

I know one's in a bit of rough shape, but I'm trying to get an idea if they're worth submitting. Thanks for looking.

front

xmen7frontfirst.jpg

back

xmen7backfirst.jpg

Second one..

front

xmen7frontsecond.jpg

back

xmen7backsecond.jpg

If it were me, I would sub the first one and either hold or try to sell the second. Even though the top is a lower grade, it still has good eye appeal and is a nice issue. It's up to you thought.

I'm a newbie (noob), but I would but put the top one at a 3.5 and the bottom one at a 2.0 (give or take).

Oh... and welcome. I just got here myself. :)

Top one seems to be in 4.0 range, while the bottom seems to be more of 2.0 maybe a very small chance at a 2.5. I would definitely submit the top one. Its a nice looking low grade.

Top one gets a solid 4.0 maybe a 4.5 and presents pretty nicely (and I'd sub it)

There's easily 100+ copies in the census graded lower. I think its worth the subbing just for the restoration check.

Bottom one gets a 2.0 from me, and there's plenty of people out there looking for nice raw copies of these early books. I'd leave that one raw.

I personally wouldn't submit either as they won't make you much of a return and the time involved can be crazy. If it's for your self or personal collection, then maybe sub the better copy.

Xmen in 4.0 sell for around $54-$95 slabbed, 4.5's have even sold for less. After you've got shipping two ways and slabbing costs involved, you're better off just selling it on the boards at 60% of guide $60 as a 4.0 guides at $100. Check for restoration, and guarantee it yourself. You should be able to tell as a book like that wouldn't likely have professional restoration.