• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-plenty!

246 posts in this topic

Star Spangled War #150 VF/NM I’ve always found this to be a tough book to get in nce grade. This one is sweet, but has a distributor spray mark at top of front and back cover. Offwhite pages. $40.00

SSWS150.jpg

Star Spangled War #148 VF/NM This woul grade higher, but there are couple of light foxing spots on back cover. White to offwhite pages. Nice tight, flat supple copy. One of my favorite books of all time. $45.00

SSWS148.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks Brian!

The suspense is killing me.

Okay - and we're back. My plan is to list about 50 books over the next two days. There will be GI Combats, Our Army at War, OFF and SSWS books. I will be selling the Weird War Tales in a separate thread in the near future.

Hoping to clue up tomorrow night, and then get invoices out to everyone.

Thanks!

Shep

Here's a flurry to keep you busy while I scan some more!

GI Combat #128 VF+ Very nice copy of this book. There is a bad color strike on the edge of the red type in the upper left DC bullet, but it’s not a color rub (I’ve seen the same thing on another copy of #128). Amazing Russ Hearth flamethrower cover. Cream pages. Nice, clean copy. $30.00 SOLD!

GIC128-1.jpg

GI Combat #129 NM-/NM One of the nicest raw copies I’ve ever seen. There is a very, very light corner crease that doesn’t break color on the bottom left corner of the back cover. Easily pressable. Just a super, super copy. Offwhite pages. $40.00 SOLD!

GIC129-1.jpg

GI Combat #130 VF Very nice copy, with one of the greatest covers in the run. Stunner! Very light creases at bottom right corner of front cover. Cream pages. Nice tight, flat copy. $27.00 SOLD!

GIC130-1.jpg

GI Combat #133 VF Great Kubert cover here! Tight, clean copy with just a couple of small spine creases and very light surface soil on back cover keeping it from grading higher. Offwhite pages. $24.00 SOLD!

GIC133-1.jpg

GI Combat #129 NM-/NM One of the nicest raw copies I’ve ever seen. There is a very, very light corner crease that doesn’t break color on the bottom left corner of the back cover. Easily pressable. Just a super, super copy. Offwhite pages. $40.00

GIC129-1.jpg

Okay - and we're back. My plan is to list about 50 books over the next two days. There will be GI Combats, Our Army at War, OFF and SSWS books. I will be selling the Weird War Tales in a separate thread in the near future.

Hoping to clue up tomorrow night, and then get invoices out to everyone.

Thanks!

Shep

Here's a flurry to keep you busy while I scan some more!

GI Combat #128 VF+ Very nice copy of this book. There is a bad color strike on the edge of the red type in the upper left DC bullet, but it’s not a color rub (I’ve seen the same thing on another copy of #128). Amazing Russ Hearth flamethrower cover. Cream pages. Nice, clean copy. $30.00

GIC128-1.jpg

Star Spangled War #141 CGC 9.0 This is an old label book, and they called the pages cream/offwhite. Frankly, they look offwhite to me. This book is about the best-looking 9.0 I’ve ever seen… I think that it could grade higher on a resub. $65.00

SSWS141.jpg

If still around. Last one I need for my run!

Star Spangled War #141 CGC 9.0 This is an old label book, and they called the pages cream/offwhite. Frankly, they look offwhite to me. This book is about the best-looking 9.0 I’ve ever seen… I think that it could grade higher on a resub. $65.00

SSWS141.jpg

If still around. Last one I need for my run!

All yours!

I'm scanning more stuff now, so I'll mark items as sold in a little bit... some nice books coming.

Shep

GI Combat #129 NM-/NM One of the nicest raw copies I’ve ever seen. There is a very, very light corner crease that doesn’t break color on the bottom left corner of the back cover. Easily pressable. Just a super, super copy. Offwhite pages. $40.00

GIC129-1.jpg

GI Combat #133 VF Great Kubert cover here! Tight, clean copy with just a couple of small spine creases and very light surface soil on back cover keeping it from grading higher. Offwhite pages. $24.00

GIC133-1.jpg