• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

Hey comic book Donna chick, send me $500. I promise you'll never see where I shop funny books with it?

:foryou:

+1 ^^

Hey comic book Donna chick, send me $500. I promise you'll never see where I shop funny books with it!

+1 ^^

:banana:

Hey comic book Donna chick, send me $500. I promise you'll never see where I shop funny books with it?

+1 ^^

Yeah, the secret is to do it discreetly. :gossip:

It was a very good deed you did Comicdonna.

It irks me to see this happening when people helped you and after all was said and done you made that special account to help people in real need when you didn't need too after you yourself went thru the hard time you did.

COI on Cash Relief

1) Don't lend money out that you actually expect back.

2) Don't give money out with the expectation that people can prioritize, or that they'll prioritize the way you think they should.

3) Donate money with the understanding that most of it probably won't end up where it should.

4) Give because it's the right thing to do, not because it will make things right.

Mike, I applaud your noble intent, but some people just suck with money. And there is a direct correlation between sucking with money, and being in financially precarious situations.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.

dunno about you, but this should have been handled in a private PM, and not in a public forum. just sayin'

I disagree. This world would be less douchey as a whole if people were regularly, and publicly put to task for their poor choices.

Regardless of what happens in the rest of the thread, just wanted to say that that was extremely nice of you, Mike.

dunno about you, but this should have been handled in a private PM, and not in a public forum. just sayin'

I disagree. This world would be less douchey as a whole if people were regularly, and publicly put to task for their poor choices.

squared

If you plead poverty on a public forum don't expect private messages.

People....the guy seems like a decent guy from my recent dealings on the art. I know nothing more than that but my gut is usually right.

Let's see what his response is before the pitchforks come out.

Yes, history has shown that we have a right to be skeptical. Just saying before the guy is deemed guilty, let's hear what he has to say about it. I'm fairly sure he will come on here and post something.

Of course, taking the money and then spending in the forum doesn't look like a wise move. Perhaps the purchase was using someone else's money? Unlikely but possible.

I could be wrong....and if so...disregard everything I just wrote. :)

mike you are definately one of a kind.

it was a pleasure meeting you guys for a meal and great conversation when you were in orlando.

it has been said many times in this thread already. that was very nice of you to help out.

i would expect that if a stranger gives you money to help out when in a bad spot. you would use the money to help get yourself out of said bad spot.

It isn't a matter of him being a good guy or a bad guy; there are good decisions and bad decisions, which we all make from time to time. People have a tendency to want to label someone based on a single action or decision, which is ridiculous, but it's also important to call people out on bad behavior. Someone will learn from it, whether it's the person being called out, or an observer.

People....the guy seems like a decent guy from my recent dealings on the art. I know nothing more than that but my gut is usually right.

Yes, history has shown that we have a right to be skeptical. Just saying before the guy is deemed guilty, let's hear what he has to say about it. I'm fairly sure he will come on here and post something.

Of course, taking the money and then spending in the forum doesn't look like a wise move. Perhaps the purchase was using someone else's money? Unlikely but possible.

+1

I'm all for busting out the pitchforks but......i dont know excelsior other than a few pm exchanges. I asked him to do a cover for me and he agreed to like a week ago. He easily could have asked me to pay up front and i would have but he didn't ask for any money from me until it is done. If he was some scammer, i think he would have tried to get the $50 from me right away (shrug)

I definitely understand Mike being upset about this situation but my gut tells me there is nothing more nefarious going on here except for some poor money management hm

+1

I'm all for busting out the pitchforks but......i dont know excelsior other than a few pm exchanges. I asked him to do a cover for me and he agreed to like a week ago. He easily could have asked me to pay up front and i would have but he didn't ask for any money from me until it is done. If he was some scammer, i think he would have tried to get the $50 from me right away (shrug)

I definitely understand Mike being upset about this situation but my gut tells me there is nothing more nefarious going on here except for some poor money management hm

Well of course it's just poor management.The guy is a nice guy from what I have seen,but if you cry hardship use the handout to help with that hardship.Buying comics in this situation is just wrong.

I live with a philosophy that almost everything we do is essentially selfish. Generally, we do things for others because we prefer the way the feeling of doing it over the feeling of not doing it.

I know that I have done one unselfish thing in my life, because I hate the fact that I gave money to a particular person. I don't know what the person did with it and I'll never find out, but I wish I had that money instead of them.

It's a small consolation about feeling unhappy about generosity. :P

It was a nice jesture, but how long does the guy get scrutinized on his spending habits?

Sometimes you do a nice thing and move on.

If you're at the point where strangers are giving you money you desperately need, you shouldn't be buying comics or any other non essentials.

If somebody lent me money and I got out of whatever fix I was in. The first bit of extra cash I got would go back to the kind soul who helped me, not towards freaking comic books.

Mike, as always you're just the coolest cat and super nice guy. Good on you for helping. Sorry it seems you were taken advantage of.

+1

Well of course it's just poor management.The guy is a nice guy from what I have seen,but if you cry hardship use the handout to help with that hardship.Buying comics in this situation is just wrong.

If you're facing foreclosure, your next comic book purchase probably shouldn't be within the same calendar year for pete's sake. If you're foreclosed, I'm thinking comics are something you look to buy again in a year, maybe 2 from now at the earliest b/c you've got bigger, more important fish to fry.

Excelsior may be a swell guy but this is bad form at its finest.