• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

Evidently no one gets my humor.

I'll try to spoon-feed it next time.

:)

Yeah, at least use a more proper emoticon next time to convey your message. :baiting:

:grin:

Next time I'll wrap it in the appropriate tags.

[sardonically facetious] [/sardonically facetious]

Yeah, at least use a more proper emoticon next time to convey your message. :baiting:

I'll admit you threw me off at the start by saying you liked him. Do people still like each other? Don't believe what people tell you, I don't like anybody. :sumo:

I'll admit you threw me off at the start by saying you liked him. Do people still like each other? Don't believe what people tell you, I don't like anybody. :sumo:

Did you read the rest of his post? You could smell the sarcasm from Indochina.

I understand what your saying, and doesn't sound preachy. I've actually been pretty good managing money lately, but ive been through some rough patches recently, and felt like I needed to treat myself to a comic buying spree with the money I made off of the cover recreations I sold recently and am going to sell. Trust me, I completely understand the concept of priority and I also believe in the concept of the little things in life that make you happy, and in most of our cases, that little thing is comics. How many here have bought a comic when they should've been spending that money on something else. I'm sure alot of people can relate to that. But I don't want this to go in the direction of my money spending and what it is I spend my money on. I'd like this to stay focused on mikes original post and what I can do to fix the situation.

I'll at least give you two thumbs up for manning up and coming here to respond and explain yourself.

I will too. Clearly, he is a really nice guy. He could have come on here and argued with me. I applaud him for being honest.

I do wish you the best of luck, Austin.

Thanks mike. I appreciate it.

Mike is a great guy...period.

I don't know excelsior but it was nice see him come on address the crowd.

My only comment, which I guess is directed to excelsior, as soon as the cash flow problems start...as soon as they start....comic buying should stop. Just my 2c

I did read it. One of these :eyeroll: at the end would have made the attempt crystal clear. I'm not at all embarrassed that I didn't catch somebody's drift over a message forum.

Is this really what you want to discuss in this thread?

I liked him a lot until I saw this thread.

I'll like him again if he returns the money. That's my definition of "manning up."

I don't believe in compartmentalizing money the way it was explained, but that's just me. Me?...I would have immediately given back the portion the wasn't needed and worked 5 jobs until I could repay the rest of the gift because that would be what an honorable man would do. I would find ways to cut my expenses, and I certainly wouldn't buy luxury entertainment items like expensive comic books.

I did read it. One of these :eyeroll: at the end would have made the attempt crystal clear. I'm not at all embarrassed that I didn't catch somebody's drift over a message forum.

Is this really what you want to discuss in this thread?

Doesn't matter to me. My opinion about the situation is moot against how Comicdonna (the offended party) feels about it.

I'll at least give you two thumbs up for manning up and coming here to respond and explain yourself.

I will too. Clearly, he is a really nice guy. He could have come on here and argued with me. I applaud him for being honest.

:golfclap: A class act all the way. :golfclap:

I understand what your saying, and doesn't sound preachy. I've actually been pretty good managing money lately, but ive been through some rough patches recently, and felt like I needed to treat myself to a comic buying spree with the money I made off of the cover recreations I sold recently and am going to sell. Trust me, I completely understand the concept of priority and I also believe in the concept of the little things in life that make you happy, and in most of our cases, that little thing is comics. How many here have bought a comic when they should've been spending that money on something else. I'm sure alot of people can relate to that. But I don't want this to go in the direction of my money spending and what it is I spend my money on. I'd like this to stay focused on mikes original post and what I can do to fix the situation.

Those who know you a bit seem to think you're an alright dude. You just made a bit of a gaffe. It happens. What's done is done. And you have a point, just about everyone has probably bought a book when they shouldn't have. But that doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

If it were me, I'd not be spending my money on books. I'd be repaying the gratitude of others first. Now if you ask Mike, he'd be the first to tell you it was a gift and that he doesn't want/need you to pay him back b/c Mike's a great guy. Still, that's what I would be doing, trying to give back to those who helped me out.

What's done is done. The fact that you responded and seem to genuinely want to make some type of amends is huge. People respect that. So now it's up to you to decide what you should do.

I wish you the best. (thumbs u

I'll like him again if he returns the money. That's my definition of "manning up."

I don't believe in compartmentalizing money the way it was explained, but that's just me. Me?...I would have immediately given back the portion the wasn't needed and worked 5 jobs until I could repay the rest of the gift because that would be what an honorable man would do. I would find ways to cut my expenses, and I certainly wouldn't buy luxury entertainment items like expensive comic books.

Austin has agreed to pay the money forward to someone who needs it, when he gets back on his feet. I believe him. He is a poor money manager but, seems to be an honest man.

+1 well stated

Alright, let's move onto something important!

When is my Avengers 57 cover gonna be done? :baiting:

lol

Haha. It might be done tonight. If not tomorrow for sure.

Mike is a great guy...period.

I don't know excelsior but it was nice see him come on address the crowd.

My only comment, which I guess is directed to excelsior, as soon as the cash flow problems start...as soon as they start....comic buying should stop. Just my 2c

Thanks. (thumbs u

If that's what it'll take to fix it, then that's what I'll do.

+1 well stated

Thanks guys! I am a class act :acclaim:

:devil:

He is a poor money manager but, seems to be an honest man.

If Austin is down on his luck he ought to look into being a hedge fund manager or some such. Those guys make tons of bank and he seems to fit the profile to a tee.

:jokealert:

This thread could use some levity. Good for Austin facing the music. Hopefully he can help someone else down the line one day.