• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Might have found a lead to a huge collection. Anyone in Florida?

33 posts in this topic

I found a local ad yesterday. A guy is selling over 5k comics for 5k. I have not seen the collection or talked to the guy. But here is what he had typed.

MY COLLECTION CONSISTS OF MORE THAN 5000 BOOKS DATING BACK TO THE LATE 50'S. ALL THE MAJOR D.C. AND MARVEL TITLES ARE REPRESENTED. TON'S OF KEY SILVER AND BRONZE AGE BOOKS, PLUS HUNDREDS OF AUTOGRAPHED COMICS, A FEW EXAMPLES BATMAN 244, A RUN OF NEAL ADAMS GREEN LANTERN GREEN ARROW, SWAMP THINGS SIGNED BY WRIGHTON, A LONG RUN OF AVENGERS STARTING WITH ISSUE #10. LONG RUNS OF X-MEN AND EVERYTHING INBETWEEN. $5000.00 OR BEST OFFER. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE.

I do not have 5k to drop so I am looking for someone who lives in Florida who might be interested in going and look at what he has. If he indeed does have a collection in very good shape, maybe we can work something out. Never hurts to try so I am posting this.

Pm me for more info.

This may not be as great as you think, but still worth looking into. A VG run of Neal Adams Green Lanterns without the 76, while more than a $1 per book, is still not all that expensive. So lets say its 20 long boxes, you can bet 15 or more are VG-F 1970s to 1990's drek. So now it's $4000 for 5 long boxes of OK to decent stuff.

See what I mean?

Then again, this could be what dreams are made of.

Ed

To me, anyone that knows what a "Key" comic is, is smart enough to cherry pick the good stuff and slap it on ebay.

That's why you do not buy without looking. General rule of life. The dude could be having issues or simply selling a cherry picked lot after removing 9.8's. You just never know. Life is full of mysteries. I would rather find out than never find out.

So lets say its 20 long boxes, you can bet 15 or more are VG-F 1970s to 1990's drek...

...And beware of wads of Heroes Inc. #1s padding out the ends of the boxes. hm

Whoever goes to check it out, please bring Tupenny as some muscle in case things get ugly. :slapfight:

His low body fat, hairless pate and penetrating gaze make him an intimidating sight few breadstick-armed comics nerds could endure.

Whoever goes to check it out, please bring Tupenny as some muscle in case things get ugly. :slapfight:

His low body fat, hairless pate and penetrating gaze make him an intimidating sight few breadstick-armed comics nerds could endure.

Agreed. I am always nearly panic stricken whenever we attend the same con and he is nearby.