• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Might have found a lead to a huge collection. Anyone in Florida?

33 posts in this topic

lol thats the craigs list ad in sarasota. it reads im homeless.

i was down that way and looked at the books yesterday. 99% late 80's and 90's drek.

most are not bagged or boarded. any books that would have had any value looked like they were used to line a bird cage for a week or so.

Whoever goes to check it out, please bring Tupenny as some muscle in case things get ugly. :slapfight:

His low body fat, hairless pate and penetrating gaze make him an intimidating sight few breadstick-armed comics nerds could endure.

Agreed. I am always nearly panic stricken whenever we attend the same con and he is nearby.

Yeah, he is a regular Stannis Baratheon :eyeroll:

i was down that way and looked at the books yesterday. 99% late 80's and 90's drek.

most are not bagged or boarded. any books that would have had any value looked like they were used to line a bird cage for a week or so.

This post did bear repeating.

Whoever goes to check it out, please bring Tupenny as some muscle in case things get ugly. :slapfight:

His low body fat, hairless pate and penetrating gaze make him an intimidating sight few breadstick-armed comics nerds could endure.

Agreed. I am always nearly panic stricken whenever we attend the same con and he is nearby.

Yeah, he is a regular Stannis Baratheon :eyeroll:

And look what happened to him.

This may not be as great as you think, but still worth looking into. A VG run of Neal Adams Green Lanterns without the 76, while more than a $1 per book, is still not all that expensive. So lets say its 20 long boxes, you can bet 15 or more are VG-F 1970s to 1990's drek. So now it's $4000 for 5 long boxes of OK to decent stuff.

See what I mean?

Then again, this could be what dreams are made of.

Ed

That's how I read it too. This isn't some rube you're gonna get some great collection of gold from. The ad says "Swamp Thing signed by Wrightson", "Batman #244 signed by Neal adams". The lister knows what he has and what he can get for them.

This may not be as great as you think, but still worth looking into. A VG run of Neal Adams Green Lanterns without the 76, while more than a $1 per book, is still not all that expensive. So lets say its 20 long boxes, you can bet 15 or more are VG-F 1970s to 1990's drek. So now it's $4000 for 5 long boxes of OK to decent stuff.

See what I mean?

Then again, this could be what dreams are made of.

Ed

That's how I read it too. This isn't some rube you're gonna get some great collection of gold from. The ad says "Swamp Thing signed by Wrightson", "Batman #244 signed by Neal adams". The lister knows what he has and what he can get for them.

So you both are saying that you guys would have never called this person just to see what it is. That's a sure fire way to lose out on things. That's why you go look. Does not hurt to check it out. I just don't mind taking a chance just to go. If its all then ok, move onto the next one. :)

Sometimes you gotta dig thru the bad to get a good. ;)

"MY COLLECTION CONSISTS OF MORE THAN 5000 BOOKS DATING BACK TO THE LATE 50'S. ALL THE MAJOR D.C. AND MARVEL TITLES ARE REPRESENTED. TON'S OF KEY SILVER AND BRONZE AGE BOOKS, PLUS HUNDREDS OF AUTOGRAPHED COMICS, A FEW EXAMPLES BATMAN 244, A RUN OF NEAL ADAMS GREEN LANTERN GREEN ARROW, SWAMP THINGS SIGNED BY WRIGHTON, A LONG RUN OF AVENGERS STARTING WITH ISSUE #10. LONG RUNS OF X-MEN AND EVERYTHING INBETWEEN. $5000.00 OR BEST OFFER. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE."

Every time I see an ad in ALL CAPS I just think it is going to be a rip-off deal. Just my 2c

I'd let him penetrate me with his gaze. :luhv:

I'd let him penetrate me with his gaze. :luhv:

I knew it :banana: