• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,116 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 9:37 AM, DELTA 62 said:

Is CGC changing the SS labels to read "written on cover" like they do with the qualified (green) labels?

I would assume if you look at the last few examples that: if you want the character "name" also on the label, then maybe?

Guy's Katie sackoff says "signed 'by' her" but doesn't list the actual character name that she wrote on the "label".....

Yet the Mystique was, so maybe by request? A follow up would be needed, as I don't remember that happening either "written on cover" with a yellow label.

But as you can see all the books above came back recently :wishluck:(shrug) idk though lol 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would assume if you look at the last few examples that: if you want the character "name" also on the label, then maybe?

Guy's Katie sackoff says "signed 'by' her" but doesn't list the actual character name that she wrote on the "label".....

Yet the Mystique was, so maybe by request? A follow up would be needed, as I don't remember that happening either "written on cover" with a yellow label.

But as you can see all the books above came back recently :wishluck:(shrug) idk though lol 

As far as I have seen since collecting SS, it's always been:  Signed & "character name &/or quote" by [celebrity].  If the character name was left off, that's usually because whoever filled out the SS form forgot to indicate the name &/or quote written in addition to the signature (and thus CGC didn't put it on the label), or if it was on the form, then CGC simply missed it and didn't put it on the label.  I don't ever remember seeing the wording on a green label being used on a yellow label before.  

On 9/22/2022 at 9:37 AM, DELTA 62 said:

Is CGC changing the SS labels to read "written on cover" like they do with the qualified (green) labels?

I understand and agree, it's all estimates at this point with "that" slab. My point was, you were asking, "is cgc now doing this regularly?" When there were clearly other recently back examples where, "they did not!" 

SO NO it is not a new trend lol:wishluck: I hope, but anyone could guess why that slab had it done that way :foryou::cheers: 

On 9/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, DELTA 62 said:

As far as I have seen since collecting SS, it's always been:  Signed & "character name &/or quote" by [celebrity].  If the character name was left off, that's usually because whoever filled out the SS form forgot to indicate the name &/or quote written in addition to the signature (and thus CGC didn't put it on the label), or if it was on the form, then CGC simply missed it and didn't put it on the label.  I don't ever remember seeing the wording on a green label being used on a yellow label before.  

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I understand and agree, it's all estimates at this point with "that" slab. My point was, you were asking, "is cgc now doing this regularly?" When there were clearly other recently back examples where, "they did not!" 

SO NO it is not a new trend lol:wishluck: I hope, but anyone could guess why that slab had it done that way :foryou::cheers: 

Yeah I was just curious if others have noticed a change in wording on their recent SS books or if Phoenix's book was the only example of this difference.  I am hoping it is not a new thing.  

On 9/22/2022 at 11:05 AM, DELTA 62 said:

Yeah I was just curious if others have noticed a change in wording on their recent SS books or if Phoenix's book was the only example of this difference.  I am hoping it is not a new thing.  

lol not to drag it out, but the example of katie sackoff posted right above the Phoenix did not have it that way, so I estimated as did you, I would think either the way the form was filled out or my example idk. I'll try to keep an eye out! :cheers:

On 9/22/2022 at 9:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

On 9/25/2022 at 9:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Beautiful covers  :)

Her sig is curvy too!

Down boy! xD

On 9/25/2022 at 9:18 PM, s-man said:

Down boy! xD

Lol I can take it down a notch haha :cheers:

But they are great covers and colorful signature that adds texture, just didn't want it as bland  :shy:

Still I admire, cause I know these celebrities aren't that cheap. I'm struggling to come up with McFarlane mad money lol it's hard not to spend that mad money quickly