• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF (Byrne) appreciation thread

32 posts in this topic

Byrne is one of my favorite FF artists. After he left I wasn't liking what I was seeing for a long time. It was more recently that I started liking the art again in FF's. It seemed to me that his art was looking better around issue #220. There was some kind of change in his art that I really liked. Almost like the early issues of FF Kirby style.

I know they are available in trades, I think they are also available in HC.

I just bought the complete run for $100 from my LCS. Might have found them cheaper online but I got to see the, got them right away and it supported the shop. I was pleased with less than $1.50 an issue.

I know they are available in trades, I think they are also available in HC.

I just bought the complete run for $100 from my LCS. Might have found them cheaper online but I got to see the, got them right away and it supported the shop. I was pleased with less than $1.50 an issue.

....I, too, feel that supporting the shop is important. I got out of comics twice....the first time I came back was after seeing and buying FF 244 on a 7-11 spinner. It was the first time I'd ever had nything remind me of the old Lee/Kirby days. Over the next couple of weeks I sought out all the other Byrne issues and didn't miss another until Byrne left for D.C. :sorry: Some of the best comics ever made. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Byrne FF was the bees knees. Just great stuff. Wasn't too enamored with Ordway inking him towards the end of the run though. I've always preferred Byrne inking his own work.

DSC00229.jpg

"IT WAS THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE-AGAIN!"

Well worth the Purchase. slightly oversized which helps to appreciate the art. Contains MTU #61-62, MTIO #50, FF #209-218, 220-221, 232-260 & Annual #17, Avengers #233, and the Thing #2. 1090 pages.

Loved this run when I was a kid; so much so that I did this recreation sketch cover of my favorite issue of the run:

ff236colorpic.jpg

Did you yell at the fanboys hanging around while you were drawing it? :D

(tsk)