• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

Thanks for the back up, Rob. How are you doing?

As far as the stores, have you been to Comic King West Ed lately? ;)

I also saw copies of Happy #3 variants on the shelves at cover this week as well, but I did not snag them as I was not sure.

Funny you should mention Comic King at West Ed.... I was there this AM. First time in monthes but I was mainly getting some X-mas shopping done at the mall. Did not see the Happy variants anymore, just 2nd and 3rd printings. hm

I was spending most of my time scanning the 10 and 12 cent war books there. (thumbs u

Did not find any Valiant variants either, but I'm assuming you beat me to what they might have had? :wishluck:

Happy #3 Variants were at another store - I am going to check back there tomorrow to see if they have any left and snag one. ;)

All that should have been left for decent Valiants would have been an X-O #6 1:50 with some spine damage from being bent on the shelf that I passed on.. (thumbs u If it was not there, then someone scooped it up already. I did notice that they had an oversupply of it at both of their locations, as did other stores as well. Looks like Edmonton got disproportionate allocations of it.

I'm willing to bet $100 that every variant he's talking about is a pullbox!

What's your problem?

And, can I take your money? I nabbed four of the X-O #6s from one store after Greg posted about grabbing the 1:20/1:25/1:50 variants in another modern thread. I can remember seeing the X-O #5 1:50 on the shelves (and I think another store might still have it there as they still have the #6), but was not looking into any of the other titles until Greg's post so I missed all the early issues. I did foolishly pass on the Sienkwicz 1:50 Shadowman #1 for cover at the same store I nabbed my two Shadowman Blacks at for $18 and $20, but I did not realize it was a 1:50 as he had more than one copy, I did not care for the artwork, and it was next to the other four covers (regular, pull box, and 1:20) on the shelf so I did not think much of it.

lol, you passed on a 1:50 Shadowman for cover! 400yrs is right, you must not like making money...

Spreads, you are starting to talk out of your . You are presuming too much.

I know kimik and he if says he is seeing the variants on the shelf then I believe him. Between him and myself, we've been keeping tabs on the local supply of Valiant books for years and that includes the latest releases. The books have been ordered in enough quantities locally that variants have been showing up the shelves fairly often. And that is mainly because shop owners/employees are putting them there at cover price because they don't realize what they really have. I have found a few here and there and so has kimik without paying a big premium.

Well then, a shop owner that is putting those on the shelf for cover is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. He/she can take 8 seconds on ebay to see what the FMV of these are priced at. If the owner is giving it directly for a sub, then that's different, but to put a $10-70 variant on the shelf for cover is retarded.

What's your problem?

And, can I take your money? I nabbed four of the X-O #6s from one store after Greg posted about grabbing the 1:20/1:25/1:50 variants in another modern thread. I can remember seeing the X-O #5 1:50 on the shelves (and I think another store might still have it there as they still have the #6), but was not looking into any of the other titles until Greg's post so I missed all the early issues. I did foolishly pass on the Sienkwicz 1:50 Shadowman #1 for cover at the same store I nabbed my two Shadowman Blacks at for $18 and $20, but I did not realize it was a 1:50 as he had more than one copy, I did not care for the artwork, and it was next to the other four covers (regular, pull box, and 1:20) on the shelf so I did not think much of it.

lol, you passed on a 1:50 Shadowman for cover! 400yrs is right, you must not like making money...

You're definitely right. I know absolutely nothing about making money off of comics. Please enlighten me.......

What's your problem?

You're definitely right. I know absolutely nothing about making money off of comics. Please enlighten me.......

If I saw that book sitting on the shelf, I would have had it sold via ebay before I brought the book to the register. You should be taking advantage of this market inefficiency, before someone else does...

If I can suggest we keep this to a discussion of our stories and characters we love so much and less on the investment potential, we may spark more interest in Valiants.

:foryou:

All of the Valiant books for 2012 have been released --- if anyone needs to double-check their collection, the books are:

X-O Manowar #1 - #8

Harbinger #1 - #7

Bloodshot #1 - #6

Archer & Armstrong #1 - #5

Shadowman #1 - #2

28 all-new Valiant books in 2012... Valiant is 28 for 28 so far, in my opinion.

I'm talking about content... that thing that used to be important for comic books. lol

(thumbs u

Valiant is 28 for 28 so far, in my opinion.

I'm talking about content... that thing that used to be important for comic books. lol

(thumbs u

:luhv:

The ultimate dead universe relaunched collector/reader. Nobody can top Greg!

(worship)

Is Eternal Warrior the next new title to be released?

They haven't announced yet... but they've already done four issues with Ninjak in X-O #5-#8, while only one issue with Eternal Warrior is out (Archer & Armstrong #5).

The next title is actually Harbinger Wars, a mini, four issues starting in March...

but that's probably not what you were asking.

So what does everyone think about the paper quality of the relaunch covers? I don't think I've gotten a single comic that would grade above a 9.4. I even changed my pull list to now have the comic shop bag/board them to see if that helps at all as most issues have at least small creases in them.

I can't tell if it's damaged caused by the shop, or if its caused by Diamond, so just wondered how everyone else was doing...

I've heard a lot of folks complaining about paper quality.

Sometimes the copies I get from my shop have a little dings to them, but usually they're fine. The copies I get from DCBS are almost always in really good shape.