• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

I wouldn't call him overrated. Overexposed, yes.

Has to go with 2 other players,all making 100m.In my opinion hes a coattailer.

Karl Malone and Charles Barkley advised him to not be the only great player on his team like he was in Cleveland--almost every NBA champion team has multiple superstars on them. Teams winning it all with one or zero stars is an extremely rare thing. I've only seen it once since I started watching basketball in the 1980s--the Detroit Pistons of 2004. All other teams had multiple stars. You could go on and on listing great players who couldn't win it until they combined with other great stars--Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Robinson and Duncan and then Duncan and Parker, Kobe and Shaq and then Kobe and Gasol/Odom or Shaq and Wade. Could go on and on.

Maybe its just me.It seemed kind of slimey.Kind of well im not good enough to win in my home town lets all meet in south beach.

Maybe if the Cavs got better supporting players to help LeBron,he wouldn't have left Cleveland.

I think they really tried.Sometimes things just dont work out.

cleveland made the mistake of catering to lebron. in 2007 according to local news reports,lebron vetoed a ray allen trade to cleveland. in 2009,did not want amare stoudamire. in stead we end up with a.jamison,delonte west and an over the hill shaq. i wonder if lebron felt threatened by another superstar on his team at that time?

Really?I hadnt heard that.I think Ray Allen is all thats right in the NBA.Deadeye shooter who is Mr Class IMHO.

I think you have it backwards, Lebron brought them there. He was a stud in the playoffs especially the finals. Bosh also had a great game last night even with the muscle strain. I didn't think Wade played well at all, Westbrook gave him more than he could handle. The Heat played a great team game, Miller and Chalmers hit big plays, Battier played solid D, and hit big shots in the series and they shut down OKC.

Lebron capped off a great year winning the MVP award, championship and playoff MVP. He sure looked overrated putting up a triple double in the winning game and averaging around 30 points, 10 boards and 7 ast in the finals. Like him or hate him he had one fantastic year. I think now that the pressure is off them they will be an even stronger team. I don't really like Lebron but I am glad he won so the haters will shut up....than again haters never shut up.

GO BULLS!!!

No doubt. Lebron earned it yesterday. It's too bad it took a hall of fame player, and potential hall of fame player to bring him there. As good as he is, I don't think he could have done it himself. Go Jordan's... I mean Bulls!

meh. You say 'lucked out', I say they had qualities that allowed championship pieces to develop and be fit around them.

Which Cavalier from 2003 to 2010 are you thinking could have been a Hall of Famer like McHale, Worthy, Abdul-Jabbar, or Parish if not for LeBron James holding them back? hm

And not just HOF players.Those guys you just listed were also on 50 Greatest Players of alltime list:

Magic (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

Bird (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

MJ (a top 50) played on a team with 1 other Top 50.

I'm not a LeBron fan, but to say the other guys didn't do what he did is a little silly. None of those guys "needed" to do it.

Still, I would've liked to see OKC win it. Although LeBron winning has some positives:

1. We don't have to listen all off season about why he can't win the big one.

2. Harold's head may have exploded.

If they didnt play with Magic,bird,or MJ would they be in the top 50?

Lebron capped off a great year winning the MVP award, championship and playoff MVP. He sure looked overrated putting up a triple double in the winning game and averaging around 30 points, 10 boards and 7 ast in the finals. Like him or hate him he had one fantastic year. I think now that the pressure is off them they will be an even stronger team. I don't really like Lebron but I am glad he won so the haters will shut up....than again haters never shut up.

GO BULLS!!!

And the true best player in the game DRose

The way that I look at it is, Jordan did have Pippen. Even if you're a Pippen hater, let's say he and Wade are a wash.

Jordan never had a 3rd player as good as Bosh. Not Horace Grant and not Dennis Rodman (who was a one dimensional help). The rest of the role players are probably marginally better on the Bulls than on the Heat, but I think several folks would argue Jordan made them better.

It's unfortunate Jordan took a few years off from basketball. We'll never know how Dream's Rockets and Michael's Bulls would have matched up.

With that said, LeBron, today, is the best player. Kobe is not anymore and while I like Durant, I don't think he's as good a defender (which was evident in this series).

But if you were lining up the greats of this modern era since Jordan, I'd rather have Kobe in his prime, Duncan in his prime, Shaq in his prime all before I took LeBron.

Jordan was and is still the best player I've ever seen.

What he said. (thumbs u

He couldn't win, had to go to the Lakers to get one. Probably the greatest reg season player lol.

Jordan will always be the greatest!!!!

Of his era.Wilt was the greatest of all time.

I don't think Wilt was the greatest of all time. LeBron may become the new Wilt when it's all said and done, with gaudy numbers but only a few championships as Wade appears to be breaking down physically just a bit.

Wilt was physically dominant and while a great player, it's always troublesome that the other great player of his era in terms of dominant big men, Russell, won a helluva lot more than he did. And not a couple more, 9 more.

I really like derek rose, but he's not the best player in the NBA. He's an okay defender and only an above average jump shooter. However, their all around talent I think is better than the Heat. Except I really like Derek Rose as a person more than what I've seen from LeBron, so I certainly would root for Rose.

If you're an OKC fan, there's always next year. Several people have mentioned that OKC looks in some ways like Miami did last year. Talented, but not ready to win. I think they will be favorites if they keep this core together. One guy who took a hit from this series is Hardin. Maybe he isn't the guy people ought to be fawning over, because he looked very average in this series.

James is probably the best player in the NBA. Of course he'll now be in elite status with his ring. If he wins a handful, he'll be close to Jordan (but not better).

Close to Jordan? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

When did Jordan leave the Bulls to join Magic's and or Bird's team in order to win a championship?

When did Jordan ever not give his all in a game?

Where is James' heart?

Give me a break, close to Jordan? Not even in his dreams...

Hardin looked soft. Flopping all the time, whipping his head back like he took a monster head shot when there was only minor if any contact....I dislike that sort of thing. I think OKC is a solid team and will win a championship if they can keep this group....losing makes you even more hungry. However OKC could be like a lot of the other teams from the 90's who were great and would have won championships except for Jordan and the Bulls.

The Heat could very will make a nice run over the next few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Nash was traded there next season. The Heat badly need a point guard and Nash might be willing to go there if offered the chance to win. I think he loves playing for the Suns but they need to start getting younger.

I love the Bulls and I think D Rose is awesome and they have a good strong core team. However Roses injury scares me. This type of injury will likely slow Rose down which will totally change his ability to score. He isn't very big and spped is essential for him.

meh. You say 'lucked out', I say they had qualities that allowed championship pieces to develop and be fit around them.

Which Cavalier from 2003 to 2010 are you thinking could have been a Hall of Famer like McHale, Worthy, Abdul-Jabbar, or Parish if not for LeBron James holding them back? hm

And not just HOF players.Those guys you just listed were also on 50 Greatest Players of alltime list:

Magic (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

Bird (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

MJ (a top 50) played on a team with 1 other Top 50.

I'm not a LeBron fan, but to say the other guys didn't do what he did is a little silly. None of those guys "needed" to do it.

Still, I would've liked to see OKC win it. Although LeBron winning has some positives:

1. We don't have to listen all off season about why he can't win the big one.

2. Harold's head may have exploded.

If they didnt play with Magic,bird,or MJ would they be in the top 50?

Uhh...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Yeah, he probably would've made the list without Magic. hm

The first year after Jordan left, Pippen was the best player in the league, IMO. It was short lived though.

But, I do see your point. Worthy, McHale and the Cheif all benefitted greatly from playing with Bird & Magic.

And I don't ever want to hear that James is in Jordan's league, even if he wins more titles with this juggernaut of a team behind him! Not even close.

Nobody is in Jordan's league--he stands alone atop the basketball heap. The only question is where he stands in the heap across ALL sports--I can certainly say I've never seen another athlete with his extreme athleticism, desire, competitiveness, and talent/skill level in any sport. Sports Illustrated picked him as athlete of the century, and I can't disagree...he may be the best athlete, ever.

Some players have it some don't. Jordan had it, Kobe got it, Lebron looks like he is starting to get it. Its fine to be talented but Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic all knew how to go to that next level, they just knew how to finish it out and win. Lebron is learning it and seems to have figured it out. Like a few others here I question Lebron's heart and desire. He played awesome in this finals but he just don't seem to have the same intensity that Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Bird and Magic all had. IMO Pippen didn't have it. Fantastic supporting player but not a true leader, he would miss most of his playoff games against the Pistons with stress headaches, some have it some don't.

Some players have it some don't. Jordan had it, Kobe got it, Lebron looks like he is starting to get it. Its fine to be talented but Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic all knew how to go to that next level, they just knew how to finish it out and win. Lebron is learning it and seems to have figured it out. Like a few others here I question Lebron's heart and desire. He played awesome in this finals but he just don't seem to have the same intensity that Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Bird and Magic all had.

I agree with that.

As it was discussed all season long, he seems to lack that "killer instinct" that the all-time winners have. He amped it up a bit in these finals, but he still has a ways to go.

Jordan was so clutch. As a huge Bulls fan I can remember watching the Bulls and if they were down by 10 or less in the last few minutes you just knew Jordan would get them the win....it was very rare that he let us down.

And I don't ever want to hear that James is in Jordan's league, even if he wins more titles with this juggernaut of a team behind him! Not even close.

Nobody is in Jordan's league--he stands alone atop the basketball heap. The only question is where he stands in the heap across ALL sports--I can certainly say I've never seen another athlete with his extreme athleticism, desire, competitiveness, and talent/skill level in any sport. Sports Illustrated picked him as athlete of the century, and I can't disagree...he may be the best athlete, ever.

Ever read the book The Jordan Rules? He was allegedly thinking about retirement as early as the 1991 season before it started. Remember....free agency was a lot different back then. Players of all-star calibur generally were moved via trade.

I don't know how free agency was different when Magic/Bird/Jordan were playing, can you explain? Are the free agent rule changes part of the reason players leave now when they didn't in the past?

Jordan was so clutch. As a huge Bulls fan I can remember watching the Bulls and if they were down by 10 or less in the last few minutes you just knew Jordan would get them the win....it was very rare that he let us down.

Jordan was a nuclear weapon, a freak of nature. Bird was my favorite player when I started watching in 1987, but man o man alive, watching Jordan in the 1987 to 1990 time frame when he would go 1-on-5, driving past the ENTIRE opposing team and doing the most insane misdirection/change-of-hands/spins/hang-in-the-air/body-contorting/dunk-right-on-top-of-you moves you can possibly imagine. I can't conceive of a player exceeding most of what Jordan could do on the court--he is the pinnacle.