• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge News! I just booked Stan the Man for the Comic Zone!

20 posts in this topic

Awesome, Vince!

Maybe you can bring a Ouji board so you and Stan can have a seance with Jack Kirby! insane.gif

Edit-

I wish I would've gotten a chance to meet the King when he was still alive. I would have loved to shook his hand and told him how much joy his art and stories with Stan have given me.

And Vince.. I cant wait to see what questions you have in line for him...but please.. dear god please.. do not let him ramble on about Stripperella... you will hear your listeners PC radios clik off , with a resounding "CLIK"

P.S.

I assume he agreed to do this, so he could Pimp Spidey 2?

Or is the timing just a coincidence.

I think it is safe to say.. all the people that listen to your show.. know about his little arthouse, indy flick, called Spiderman 2

June 28th! be there or be square!

VZ

Vince,

Give us an idea of what your going to talk about or better yet start a thread and get people to list questions and then you decide which ones you want to use. Aside from the movie stuff, ask him where he sees comics going in the next 10-20 years. Does Marvel have a sort of R&D department that is trying to develop knew characters or is this left up to each individual artist? We need to get excited about some new characters that can help carry the franchise for years to come. thumbsup2.gif

No guys my first question will not be -who really created Spiderman? Nor will I ask who would win in a fight Scenarios. I am already coming up with some good ones. I am so damn excited. VZ

PS- you can always call in and ask him questions yourself....

Just how does one get to "be there"?

What's the channel/station/website? confused.gif

Sorry but I haven't been paying much attention to Comic Zone posts until now.

sorry.gif

I have only tuned in a few times, but I really enjoyed the show with Denny O'Neil. thumbsup2.gif I'm sure Stan will be plugging and Soap Boxing in all his glory. I too think that the future version of the Marvel Univese is an interesting topic. With the failed New Universe and the somewhat suspect relaunch of the key books (they ahve announced going back to the old numbers exclusively) it would seem to me that Marvel is running out of tricks for their ponnies? Ironically in this way they are mirroring hollywood in that the rehash far outweighs the breaking of new ground.

Im sure that Vince will have to be somewhat more expeditious in his approach, I wonder when the last time Stan fielded challenging questions was 893scratchchin-thumb.gif