• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DROOL....MORE PEDIGREE EYE CANDY.....

30 posts in this topic

ONLY $30,000? I'll take two please.... grin.gif

Sweet book, but horrid story (Aliens create a robotic neanderthal that takes over a town and controls the people through hypnotism).

Come to think of it though, that might work for an Iron Man movie premise. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's not to like?!? aliens? robots? neanderthals? giants? mind control? superhero? chicks?

Whoa baby! 893applaud-thumb.gifhi.gif

Sweet book, but horrid story (Aliens create a robotic neanderthal that takes over a town and controls the people through hypnotism).

Come to think of it though, that might work for an Iron Man movie premise. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's not to like?!? aliens? robots? neanderthals? giants? mind control? superhero? chicks?

when you put it that way - it sounds a whole helluva lot better thumbsup2.gif

The first time I read it, I got the distinct impression that Stan Lee must have thought up this disaster while sitting on the can. It's more of one of those REALLY bad Atlas/Marvel monster stories, then it is a super hero yarn.

The first time I read it, I got the distinct impression that Stan Lee must have thought up this disaster while sitting on the can. It's more of one of those REALLY bad Atlas/Marvel monster stories, then it is a super hero yarn.

Yup, that's what I collect - the transition! (cat's outta da bag!) insane.gif

Ya know, I have just never understood the appeal of the Early TOS Ironman's. I mean I can appreciate an old comic book in nice shape with the best of them and I am a HUGE fan of the Western Penns, as the few Ive seen are just beautiful. But to me the early Ironman app. are poor imitations of the late 50s Sci-FI and not quite representative of the classic modern Marvel super hero age ala Daredevil Spidey and Thor etc. They have always seemed to be out of place to me and to stick out like a sore thumb.

Hey to each their own, its just one of those curious things I have always felt ho hum no biggie about the Early Ironman books.

Yup, that's what I collect - the transition! (cat's outta da bag!) insane.gif

Yeah, quite a few of those early Silver Age Marvels were meant to be like the pre-hero sci-fi books, because Marvel, who were distributed by their rival DC at the time, tried to seem as if they weren't in direct competition to National.

Yeah, quite a few of those early Silver Age Marvels were meant to be like the pre-hero sci-fi books, because Marvel, who were distributed by their rival DC at the time, tried to seem as if they weren't in direct competition to National.

Anyone who doubts this can read F.F. # 1 & 2. Much more akin to the Pre-hero monster stories they were replacing then the super hero stories they would evolve into.

Has thread potential - I think its just a interesting to talk about something you are ambivalent about as it is something you hold an affinity for. Its just an interesting note is all.

As well the difference between the early superhero take overs Ala Ironman to the latter ones like Captain America and the Hulk of previously Sci Fi Twighlight zone type series.