• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting submissions for FAN EXPO CANADA August 23-26 in Toronto

29 posts in this topic

Received word this is a go and I will be accepting subs for and at the event through my store The Comic Book Lounge. I will be posting details shortly.

We will also accept books for other tiers.

Okay, so here's the details....

I'll need your books by Friday, August 17th so I can prep them for the show.

There will be an onsite option for submitting at the show at the COMIC BOOK LOUNGE booth in the dealer area (I'm told our table will be facing Artist's Alley). We will be accepting subs for all tiers at the show, not just SS.

If you live in Toronto, the books can be dropped off at The Lounge starting tomorrow, June 29th.

Please keep in mind: while I will be doing the advance prep work and invoicing, it will be my staff who will be running the booth and getting the autographs done at the event. I will be periodically checking up on how they are doing over the weekend, but I will be primarily occupied with running the Artists Alley and comics programming at the event. I won't be getting the books signed.

Please contact me for a pricing estimate, including return shipping costs.

Finally, we are not accepting requests for Stan Lee, however we can submit them to the third party that is handling all Stan Lee SS books at Fan Expo on your behalf.

As for the books themselves, they can be sent to or dropped off at:

THE COMIC BOOK LOUNGE

587A COLLEGE STREET

TORONTO, ONTARIO

M6G 1B2

CANADA

Please prepare your books in advance as per my stickied thread in the Signature Room.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2947137#Post2947137

If you are sending blue labels, please try to include a windowed bag and board for me to put the book into (this is not required but appreciated) - don't forget to put your name and book information on the back of the backing board (that is required).

If you have yellow labels requiring crack-outs, please let me know before you send the books so I can consult with Mike.

SKETCHES AND CELEBRITY AUTOGRAPHS

I suppose if you want to send the blanks, we can drop off the books with the creators for sketch requests if you want to send blanks. Ideally we would prefer you make the arrangement with a creator in advance and my staff and the witness will drop off or just pick up the book. Cost is the same, but you will need to provide in advance any sketch fees we must pay on your behalf.

With any celebrity autographs you may be seeking. We'll do what we can to find out the autograph costs first, but generally that fee information is not provided/finalized until a few weeks before the convention.

We do accept payment by Paypal, money order, cash, check (must clear before Fan Expo). ALSO we accept credit card payments by Visa or MasterCard. Please note that Canadian residents who pay by Credit Card must be billed GST as we are providing a service.

Multiple signatures - $5 per additional signature.

There is a $5 charge per invoice as per CGC.

Not all of the guests have been announced yet. In fact, only a small percentage of the comics guests are up on the site:

Comics Featured:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/comic-featured-guests/

Comics Special:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/comic-special-guests/

Comics Also Appearing:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/comic-also-appearing/

pretty sweet effing list tho!

I agree, and there are more greats coming that haven't been announced yet.

Please note: there are some stipulations/restrictions related to J. Scott Campbell and Tony Moore that I will need to verify.

Happy Independance Day Americans!

I've been chatting with some of the local artists about the possibility of doing some sketch covers for people on blanks that they can bring to the show for pick-up.

I'll see if I can lock down a few people and their sketch prices so that we can offer some unique opportunities to coincide with this great event.

I agree, and there are more greats coming that haven't been announced yet.

Please note: there are some stipulations/restrictions related to J. Scott Campbell and Tony Moore that I will need to verify.

Hi Kevin..

Just wondering what the restrictions are?

Neal Adams -- $10 autograph fee per item for SS in addition to fees

Tony Moore - $5 autograph fee per item for SS in addition to fees

The Comic Book Lounge is the only facilitator at the event that has been approved by Tony Moore to receive SS submissions in advance and at the show from the general public.

J. Scott Campbell... $5

Happy to announce that we are able to receive advance solicitations for sketch covers by the inimitable TY TEMPLETON (currently working on Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man) and most well known for his work on the various Batman Adventures series for DC.

The cost for each sketch is $40 above SS related fees and that is for a single character black and white with some grey image. The books will be picked up at Fan Expo Canada by our SS Witness on August 23-26. If Ty needs a character reference we can help provide him with one.

You can send a blank of your choice (must be received by 4/15, or you can request it on:

(a) a Wolverine 310 blank

(b) a Marvels Project 1 blank

© a Justice League of America blank (ships 8/29 - so we can arrange to do an in-store sketch session that evening and ship the books down with the Expo submissions)

(d) a Wolverine 300 blank

(e) a Scarlet Spider 1 blank)

Cost for (a), (b) or © is a $5 additional charge for the comic in addition to the other fees.

2012%20Ty%20Templeton%20-%20Wolverine.jpg

tumblr_m702imA44M1r5fbtko1_400.jpg

tumblr_m6f13kkNQd1qdep0so1_400.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/searchresult.asp?txtsearch=Ty%20Templeton

Above is a link to CAF - mostly Ty's con sketches. If you would prefer a large head sketch instead of a full figure the cost is the same.

Multiple figures - extra cost depends on the request.

I see that Kevin and I are posting at the same time (shocking lol)

Some of you know that I handle all things SS for Tony Moore. This arrangement was asked for by the Moore family and has been acknowledged by CGC.

While I will not be at Fan Expo, I have made contact with Kara Moore and Kevin Boyd to discuss arrangements to make sure that anyone that would like a Tony Moore SS is able to accomplish that.

Kevin Boyd/The Comic Book Lounge will be handling ALL Tony Moore SS books at the show through private signings. As Kevin mentioned, there is a $5 autograph fee for each item in addition to CGC/Facilitator fees.

No sketch or remark requests will be taken.

Any other books brought to Tony for CGC SS will not be given the CGC SS label. Only those books completed through Kevin will be CGC SS.

If you are a facilitator who is attending this show and would like to get Tony Moore books done for your clients, please contact myself, along with Kevin Boyd via PM.

Thanks everyone and also a big thanks to Kevin for taking this on. Wish I was going to Fan Expo!

JJ

If you just need me to have my Witness pick up the sketch you've already arranged and paid for and then submit it to CGC for SS grading the cost would be $35 + $5 (invoice fee) + return shipping from CGC to you (one book USPS with insurance for $100 is $25.50).

If you have arranged it and need me to pay the artist as well, you would add the artists fee to that.

Neal Adams -- $10 autograph fee per item for SS in addition to fees

Tony Moore - $5 autograph fee per item for SS in addition to fees

The Comic Book Lounge is the only facilitator at the event that has been approved by Tony Moore to receive SS submissions in advance and at the show from the general public.

J. Scott Campbell... no word yet.

Kev.

Campbell is $5 per sig for SS :)