• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #1 Club
4 4

305 posts in this topic

I have both color "variants".

The dark one and the pale one:

Conan1CGC94.jpg

Conan1CGC2.jpg

Uhm, if i may, one unproven theory is that the darker ones got printed first- later, perhaps out of ink or other possible reasons, the later prints came out lighter. But how then does that explain those in-betweeners, not that dark or lighter in color tone, but yet richly thick in color. Too bad i don't have a scan of it to show.

I would say he is showing off, but I just met a guy with eight CGC 9.8 slabs. I don't know what to do now....life just seems meaningless.

If you compare, there's is always room for frustration. Upgrading always gets you owning more copies of a paricular issue that you never thought you have that many copies years later.

Btw, who is the guy who owns eight 9.8 #1s? Any scans?

I was not showing off, this is the Conan #1 club and I was showing my Conan #1s.

I would love to see the 8 x 9.8 #1s and the original cover art to the first 10 Savage Sword of Conan's dont hold your breath on that one though. lol

I would say he is showing off, but I just met a guy with eight CGC 9.8 slabs. I don't know what to do now....life just seems meaningless.

(oh, and he has the original cover art to the first 10 Savage Sword of Conan's....)

How come prices for issue 1 arent going crazy after the announcement Arnold would be back to play Conan. Not enough people care, its too early?

Is Arnold really going to be Conan? I certainly hope not,who wants a 60+ year old Conan. :P

Here are the 4 that I currently own. Conan #1 was one of my grails when I first started collecting. It was already going for $15 when I began collecting comics in the 70s, something I couldn’t afford as a poor college student. I finally bought my first one in the early 80s for $20.

conan1_zpsac1d5be8.jpg