• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 15 Covers

486 posts in this topic

lol funny Jeff. I met with the Diamond guy who drives around the country & meets with retailers and I could swear that he said there were 2,400 accounts in the U.S. ... Someone can call there Diamond rep & find out the actual number. It's been about six months since this conversation and the only reason I remember that number is b/c we crunched some numbers when the rep told my LCS owner that his store was in the top ten percent of retailers in the U.S.

Probably mentioned elsewhere - when does then Lucille/Nagan cover set come out and will it be released in 1 set?

My recollection is that there are thousands of Diamond retail accounts.

At one point in the not to distant past, diamond serviced over 6000 accounts. That number is about a third today (2000-2500 is probably a good estimate). However, not all of those accounts ordered WD100 (or even order comics at all). Probably about half is my guess. The print run is likely in the 1000-1500 range supporting images "one of the rarest 100 variants".

Another point is on signature released only comics (one where all produced copies carry a particular signature as certified by the publisher) I believe you can receive a blue or SS grade from cgc hm

Not mine and don't ask me how it was achieved but this proofs that retailer incentive signed editions can get SS at the highest grades :cloud9:

1738306_Full_Obv.jpg

There are some out there, but I think there was a policy change at one point though. I don't know for sure. (shrug)

I say that because I remember a Stuff of Legend Boogyman comic that was signed and numbered getting a blue label. Then when more were submitted they received green labels.

Someone else who is a SS regular needs to chime in here.

The art is only 4 boards in size. I had it in my hands at SDCC for a short period of time until Robert came to claim it for his collection :( heh The final image (Retailer Incentive signed book) is the barbed wire section of Lucille.

They weren't sure what that last section of the art was going to be for at that time, but the connected art is definitely complete with those 4 covers #97, 98, 99 2nd prints & the retailer signed appreciation cover.

Just thought I'd clarify what real info I could about these. I'm not sure if they'll re-use the barbed wire section of Lucille again to make it easier to finish the 4 connecting covers or if that was is just the rare one.

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Probably mentioned elsewhere - when does then Lucille/Nagan cover set come out and will it be released in 1 set?

i would think that it will be "complete" after the 3rd printing of #100 and 2nd Printings of #97, #98, #99, #101 and #102