• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Twelve days until my boots hit the ground. I might show up a few days earlier just to enjoy San Diego a bit more.

Toast,

Are you working with any exhibitors this year ?

ML.

Yes, will be slinging those amazing pint glasses at the 'Toon Tumblers booth. Let me guess, you suddenly need two dozen pint glasses? Excellent! :kidaround:

lol I will drop by for a couple of tumblers, and the chance to meet you.

I will be bringing a suitcase full of slabbed undergrounds, most of which have never been offered for sale.

In addition to my usual assortment, I will have over 400 conservatively graded raw UG comix that will be priced to move. If there is something in particular you are looking for, please LMK as I can only bring so much with me, thanks. I am also bringing a short box full of mini comix file copies circa 1978-1985, some with print runs of only 100, all on the market for the first time. (Comix World and Blue Moon). All of these minis are either already in the Fogel Supplement or will be included in the 2nd edition Fogel UG price guide due out later this year.

And some other unusual stuff, UG comix related.

Even if you are not interested in UG's, please stop by and say hi.

Howard

I will be at booth 1615 with all kinds of underground comix related stuff.

Hello friends,

One of our roommates had to duck out due to medical issues, and while we all look forward to hearing about her recovery, we are in a bit of a bind about the hotel costs. I was wondering if anyone was still looking for a room?

Name: Kaitlyn

Hotel: Hilton Bayfront (right next to the Convention Center by Hall H)

Days Booked: Tuesday - Monday (7/16- 7/22)

Price: $378.96 for all 6 days (we'd really like someone for all 6 days to keep the rate under $400 for all of us)

Smoking/Drinking: Smoking (No)/Drinking (Ok, so long as you're 21)

Spaces Left: 1-2 (one of my roommates isn't coming and we were informed last minute so we need to fill her spot.). There will be 4 of us for all 6 days and one of us for 4 days who is flying in on Thursday

Preferences and Description:

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? It's a room with two queen beds.

Age/Gender Preference: At least 18 and must be female.

Include a brief description about yourself: This is year 3 for me! I'm going to be cosplaying this year but I'll try and keep everything as close to my luggage as possible. May have some swag lying about as well, lol. Same goes for some of my roomies, we're a nice bunch!

Behavioral preferences? Must be hygenic and a bit organized (clothes are one thing, but don't have food lying everwhere). No bringing boys up. Don't be rude and no pilfering. Ready and willing to have fun with new friends!

Thank you so much for your attention and consideration!

Twelve days until my boots hit the ground. I might show up a few days earlier just to enjoy San Diego a bit more.

Toast,

Are you working with any exhibitors this year ?

ML.

Yes, will be slinging those amazing pint glasses at the 'Toon Tumblers booth. Let me guess, you suddenly need two dozen pint glasses? Excellent! :kidaround:

lol I will drop by for a couple of tumblers, and the chance to meet you.

(thumbs u

I'll be bringing down a few books for the show Including:

Amazing Spiderman 14 CGC 7.5

Amazing Spiderman 129 CGC 9.4 (WHITE pages) SOLD

GI Combat 68 CGC 5.5

Incredible Hulk 180 CGC 9.0

Journey Into Mystery 85 CGC 5.0

Sgt. Fury 1 CGC 7.0

Sub-Mariner 1 9.6 (WHITE pages)

Tales To Astonish 27 CGC 3.5

Also X-Men 1

Lois Lane 1

I could bring a Brave and The Bold 28 if anyone is interested...maybe a Batman 222 CGC 9.0?

They will be in booth 607 (FVF Comics)

Other than that, hope to see a few of you there (thumbs u

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? It's a room with two queen beds.

Age/Gender Preference: At least 18 and must be female. doh!

Include a brief description about yourself: This is year 3 for me! I'm going to be cosplaying this year but I'll try and keep everything as close to my luggage as possible. May have some swag lying about as well, lol. Same goes for some of my roomies, we're a nice bunch!

Behavioral preferences? Must be hygenic Check! and a bit organized (clothes are one thing, but don't have food lying everwhere)Check! No bringing boys up. No problem Don't be rude and no pilfering.Check! Ready and willing to have fun with new friends! OK

Missed it by that much! meh

Age/Gender Preference: At least 18 and must be female. doh!

Behavioral preferences? Must be hygenic Check! and a bit organized (clothes are one thing, but don't have food lying everwhere)Check! No bringing boys up. No problem Don't be rude and no pilfering.Check! Ready and willing to have fun with new friends! OK

Missed it by that much! meh

Based on the description, I'm going to guess that's out of the question too.

5.5 more work days and I'll be on a flight from FL to CA!

Just got confirmation from a buddy that I am staying with him at the Gaslamp Marriott next to Petco! ( I did have a backup plan with a friend 2 miles away, just in case)

5.5 more work days and I'll be on a flight from FL to CA!

Just got confirmation from a buddy that I am staying with him at the Gaslamp Marriott next to Petco! ( I did have a backup plan with a friend 2 miles away, just in case)

:applause:

I'll be helping to man the A-1 Comics booth on a part-time basis, so please feel free to stop by and say hello.

STEVE

Sweet. Brian is a class act and I use to visit the SAC store weekly when I lived there.

Always a pleasure to drop by and say hello to them.

Just saw Metallica will be in hall H promoting some 3d movie of theirs.. Then doing a private show for 500 fans somewhere after.

That will be a hot ticket. :headbang:

Indeed. That free concert will likely turn into a scalpers' gold mine.

I would like to see them again and I'll take a shot at getting a ticket, but if it involves a lottery by phone app or Twitter or Facebook or something like that, I'll be shut out.

Definitely going to try for it though!