• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions of G4's coverage of Comic Con

25 posts in this topic

I thought this year's coverage of Comic Con was poor. The hosts were bad, especially the female main host. She was too giggly. Also, the interviews didn't seem to be as good as previous years.

How about you? Annoyed or Enjoyed?

(shrug)

I watched the G4 coverage and Spike tv coverage. It was all bad this year, but I do not watch the channels any other time so maybe its just how things are done. You are right about the hosts that do not know about or care about the actual comics. Apparently Stan Lee turned 80 this year and then some guy was digging through a box of comics and mentioneed something about amazing fantasy 16.

G4 has lost a step from the channel it once was.

Hell, I'd be just as happy with them if they show nothing but 24 hours of Campus PD.

My God. The lack of creativity on G4 astounds me. What a horrible waste of time that channel is. I happen to tune in on the day that John Barrowman was hosting (he might have done more...don't know tuned out). Super-lame interview with Matt Smith & the other Dr.Who cast and and incredibly lame, uninformed interview with George R.R.Martin.

Only redeeming factor was the really cute, but utterly talentless young lady running around in spandex. At least she was cuter than the very overrrated Olivia Munn.

:sumo:

My God. The lack of creativity on G4 astounds me. What a horrible waste of time that channel is. I happen to tune in on the day that John Barrowman was hosting (he might have done more...don't know tuned out). Super-lame interview with Matt Smith & the other Dr.Who cast and and incredibly lame, uninformed interview with George R.R.Martin.

Only redeeming factor was the really cute, but utterly talentless young lady running around in spandex. At least she was cuter than the very overrrated Olivia Munn.

Sara Jean Underwood?

Sara Jean Underwood?

And she can be viewed, unedited, with a simple Google search. ^^

Sara Jean Underwood?

And she can be viewed, unedited, with a simple Google search. ^^

Nope, that isn't the youg lady I saw.

After searching a bit it turns out she is Candace Bailey. Verrrrrrry Hot. Clueless, but hot.

Sara Jean Underwood?

I think it was Candace Bailey

Used to be a huge fan of Attack of the Show. Its not the same without Kevin Pereira at all.

I actually like Candace Bailey a lot more than Olivia Munn. Munn always struck me as the hot girl who didn't really care about the stuff she was reporting on, but was just milking it for the fame.

I disliked G4 before Comcast(?) bought and gutted tech tv to merge with their defunct G4, the screen savers was one of my favorite shows :cry: For some really good fun though watch the old AotS episodes from 06 when Munn first took over hosting duties. Every time the camera cuts to her she has this look of confused shock before reading the teleprompter, every single time! It is hilarious and one of the reasons I knew the old SS was completely dead as G4 hired not only someone with no tech experience but without even any on air experience.

Used to be a huge fan of Attack of the Show. Its not the same without Kevin Pereira at all.

I actually like Candace Bailey a lot more than Olivia Munn. Munn always struck me as the hot girl who didn't really care about the stuff she was reporting on, but was just milking it for the fame.

Honestly I think a show hosted exclusively by Kevin Pereira and Chris Hardwick would be great for G4. Evidently funny and insightful commentary from two guys who actually have some tech knowledge and background isn't worth watching according to G4 brass. They think the formula of tech savvy guy alongside a good looking girl with little to no tech knowledge is better for ratings.

I happened to be at my brother-in-law's house and caught about 45 minutes of John Barrowman and the Dr. Who cast interview. I thought Barrowman was a little over-the-top and wished he would stop trying to be so funny and cutesy and focus on the task at hand.If a straight host acted towards females the way Barrowman acted when talking to the the guy in the Aquaman costume all heck would break loose on the feminist rights front.

From the sounds of it I am glad I didn't waste time watching anymore of it.

yeah, G4 started sucking when they forgot that they were a "video game channel" :frustrated:
+1

Funny how that works out huh? These channels start out with a defined focus and then eventually move beyond that focus, resulting in massive suckage. :(

yeah, G4 started sucking when they forgot that they were a "video game channel" :frustrated:
+1

Funny how that works out huh? These channels start out with a defined focus and then eventually move beyond that focus, resulting in massive suckage. :(

The problem is the defined focus only appeals to a small group.

The people who create those channels assume the small group are a sample of a larger group who will watch channel.

When they don't get the larger channel they panic and do what they can to get ratings

I used to record the G4 coverage and try and find myself standing behind them when I got home.

Just the fact that they've elevated the stage makes the notion that they have departed from the original quality show that much more evident.

The girls are attractive but really have no vested interest in the industry. Apart from Blair Butler of course

+1

Like the Game Show Network. I used to love watching reruns of Let's Make a Deal, Match Game, Tattle Tales and Card Sharks. Then late at night you got such classics as the early episodes of To Tell the Truth, complete with some of the vintage advertising.

Back in the day I could have been content if the cable service offered only that channel. Now I wouldn't give you a squirt of for the complete GSN lineup. Like G4, the network has completely redefined what it was and now it's almost unwatchable. :cry: