• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will there ever be a spider-man#1 PLATINUM CGC 9.8???

19 posts in this topic

No, they were not polybagged. However, they were sent to retailers in envelopes that were not that well padded. Thus, the unlikelihood that a copy will show up in 9.8. frown.gif

A few months ago, I saw a 9.6 on E-bay. Don't remember what it sold for as I usually look for 9.8's. But, I'm inclined to agree that they will be hard to come by. I'm looking for one also. I have a friend who has an unslabbed one which is really nice - about 9.4 - 9.6, but he won't part with it. Take care, Izzy tongue.gif

Todd signed very FEW platinum Spidey #1's unless it was part of a charity auction. As they were given to retailers for FREE for supporting the launch of Spidey #1, he did not want to sign the comp copies at comicons just to see the price jacked up for the collector.

Forget about the cgc 9.8 copy. Why not try for a platinum #1 still SEALED in the stiff original (acidic) mailing envelope. Untouched by human hands. A darth specialty.

Blah Blah....I care....and I have been searching the globe and there are a buncha peoples looking for this and other Joes in high grade but there just arent that many around. Especially, the lower #s. Surely, you can help me almighty Greggy? Please dump your lowly high grade Joes on me as a symbol of my collecting worth. I shall praise thee upon delivery. grin.gif

You and a bunch of others want it, and there it is.

Who's gonna man-up and pull the trigger?

Sorry, that wasn't actually meant for you. I was too lazy to scroll up to reply. tongue.gif

I've had a LOT to drink tonight, and I'm still going strong. grin.gif