• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- Forum Dinner

109 posts in this topic

Josh Nathenson will be joining us for dinner 893applaud-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif I won't be there so sorry.gif How come none of the dealers want to join us in San Diego? Hell...I'll even accept Paul as an attendee if you let him attend the show! tongue.gif

Maybe because you are there stooges.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I won't be there so sorry.gif How come none of the dealers want to join us in San Diego? Hell...I'll even accept Paul as an attendee if you let him attend the show! tongue.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Dress Code?

Hi guys, I know the weather is gonna be really nice in Chicago and I am a serious shorts n' T-shirt kinda' casual guy. Does anyone know if Gibsons has a dress code like some fancy restaurants do? I don't wanna get there and be SOL. I can "dress up" if need be. Thanks-----Sid

Greggy says: "Show up in short shorts!"

Those are fighting words...punk! crazy.gif

Are you online 24/7 confused.gif27_laughing.gif

confused.gif I don't post during the day so stooges.gif

K....I'll miss next year's dinner so frown.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Can we reveal the names of some of the other guests you're going to bring? Ya know, MXXXXXXX NXXXX and JXXX HXXXXX ...? And what about that extra special guest you told me about last week? When can we reveal that big name (assuming it hasn't fallen through)?

Also, I have a big name of my own to add. Yes, everyone, the big man himself, the Big Kahuna, the one with more power than even Steve Borock -- ARCHITECT -- will be joining us lowly collectors on Saturday. Bring your list of board grievances. smile.gif

Alan

news.gif

Final arrangements for the dinner!

The party starts at 7:30pm on Saturday, August 14. Mingling, drinking, munching on appetizers will take place until 8:00pm, at which point dinner will be served. If you come later than that and expect to eat, you will be placed at the dunce table and have our leftovers thrown at you! stooges.gif I would assume we'll be finished eating by 9:30 (?), at which point the serious revelry will begin!

Gibson's needs a final head count by close of business Thursday, so there's still time to throw your name on the list and join us! All are welcome! If you need to cancel, please, please, please notify me by Thursday afternoon!

If you cannot make it to the full dinner, still feel free to stop by for some appetizers and drinks from the cash bar between 7:30 and 8:00, or come on by after we're finished stuffing ourselves and partake in the merriment!

If you are planning on attending the entire dinner and you haven't `Paypal'ed Steve Borock (sborock@cgccomics.com) $55, please do so at your earliest convenience. I want to have fun at this thing, not worry about running around collecting cash from you procrastinators! smile.gif

Over the next few hours, I'll be PMing my cell phone number to everyone who says they're attending. Feel free to use and abuse it this weekend -- if you have any questions, concerns, problems, whatever, do not hesitate to call me! If you want to meet up for lunch, ask me about the city, make plans to hang out, whatever, do not hesitate to call me! (I'm really hoping someone takes me up on my recommendation to go grab some lunch at either Gene & Jude's or Johnnie's. Get in touch with me if you want some authentic Chicago hot dogs and/or some genuine Italian beef "sangwiches.")

If you haven't received a PM from me in the next twelve hours and are on the list, want to be on the list, or are going to be anywhere near Chicago this weekend, drop me a PM and let me know!

Have a great convention, everyone! grin.gif

Alan

Alan, you are too dang thorough man. Did you go to party school? You did forget one thing though: the dancing girls show up at 10:00 p.m. No dances for FFB though cuz' he's gonna be watched carefully by his own lady friend who's showing up after dinner.

Hey, for lunches I'll be surviving off of energy bars and the least offensive of the con food, but I'd certainly be interested in getting together with anyone for a more casual dinner friday if any of you guys are up for that. Maybe we can coordinate that through Alan (you did say you didn't mind being used and abused!). See y'all there. -------Sid

but I'd certainly be interested in getting together with anyone for a more casual dinner friday if any of you guys are up for that. Maybe we can coordinate that through Alan (you did say you didn't mind being used and abused!).

893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gif