• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THe answer to 108 Vampirella Questions

5 posts in this topic

Looking through several Warren mags from the early 80's and noting the issues Warren publishing were still selling and those marked 'SOLD OUT' , it appears that the only issues that MAY have not been in MH2 , were 1,3, 14, and the annual. Just an FYI for collectors , and those buying the other 108 Warren Vampi's.

Looking through several Warren mags from the early 80's and noting the issues Warren publishing were still selling and those marked 'SOLD OUT' , it appears that the only issues that MAY have not been in MH2 , were 1,3, 14, and the annual. Just an FYI for collectors , and those buying the other 108 Warren Vampi's.

The advertisement for the Warren bankruptcy sale in 1983 said that there was an inventory of "approximately ONE MILLION comic book magazines" for sale in the liquidation.

Caveat emptor.

When I get home from work , I think I shall investigate the Warren warehouse for Creepy-EERIE-and famous monsters as of 1982.... More than anything this thread should serve as a reality check for anyone buying these guys in 9.0-9.4 thinking that they are rare items. Maybe uncommon but definitely not rare.

The advertisement for the Warren bankruptcy sale in 1983 said that there was an inventory of "approximately ONE MILLION comic book magazines" for sale in the liquidation.

Caveat emptor.

I believe the Koch Brothers and a few others bought out that inventory and the majority of it was in the VG to VF range as can be confirmed by talking with one of the Koch Brothers and I do not think there was a large volume of Vampirellas left over in the Warehouse Sale. It would be interesting to get professional opinions if more knowledgeable parties could participate on these boards. gossip.gif I would have liked to know the quantity of each issue and title if an inventory list is or was available. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One thing to consider is 1 million mags can dry up quick in 20+ years since the Warren Sale... and High Grade Jems in 9.6-9.8 will still be RARE in comparison to the low grades as most who handled these items stored them wrong as there was never the provisions of suitable boxes or containers in the early days. Comics on the other hand from 20+ years ago are extremely common in High Grade as better storage means were available. confused-smiley-013.gif

Interesting info about the #1,3,14 & Annual my friend as I agree these books are extremely tough in grade above 9.2 but there is also several other issues that are tough to find in 9.2 or better and to find in true 9.6 to 9.8 are RARE as hens teeth at the moment unless we see hoards of collections from people who were visionaries from yesteryear show up which I doubt highly. I am positive some amazing collections including my own will surface to the market one day but the belief that the market will be flooded with 9.6 - 9.8 high grade collections is unlikely in my opinion. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I currently own the first CGC 9.9 mag and It may still be the only mag graded that high. I wonder when we will see another 9.9 or even a 10.0 from the early 1980's or even earlier as some of the best books have been submitted from the top collector/dealers in the comic magazine hobby. We shall see. confused-smiley-013.gif