• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days OCT 19-21 2012

65 posts in this topic

Seeing that it's open until 8 PM Friday, I might just beat the Saturday crowds and spend a couple of hours on Friday evening. Frankly, I'm not a fan of the traffic jams that happen at the cons (nor the BO).

We'll be trying to do the same thing, at least to get the lay of the land for Saturday. 2 days away! :banana:

It's almost here! I'll be on the road to the show this time tomorrow! :banana:

It's going to be interesting to see how this show goes. It could be a really good show, or it could be 2 hours of getting autographs and then I can pretty much head home. Hopefully with Stan in the building there will be a decent number of comics dealers.

If anyone is up for getting together for dinner Saturday evening my brother (jaster-mereel) and I will be game.

Guest Kiristine Wood

Count me in! I'll be there this weekend too. I can't wait to see what my friend Matthew has for sale at his table. And I always love getting a chance to spend time with one of my favorite artists, Jon Hughes. Too bad I'm new and wouldn't really recognize anyone. But if you see me, let me know your from the Forum and we can get a picture together. :)

I was setting up this evening and I can assure everyone that all the typical comic dealers are there.

They are transitioning this con from what use to be mainly a Star Wars con to the actual comic convention.

The bad thing about this facility is that they put artist alley on a different floor. Last time I sold glasses I never got to leave the vendor floor to see any of the other stuff.

If anyone is looking for Toon Tumblers I'll be on the wall on the opposite side of where the entrance is. You can't miss me because I'm in a row of media guests and guest artists.

Basically, if you find Stan Lee just follow that row down and you'll find me on the same wall.

Hope everyone introduces themselves if I haven't met you before!

See you there,

Don

Guest Kiristine Wood
I was setting up this evening and I can assure everyone that all the typical comic dealers are there.

They are transitioning this con from what use to be mainly a Star Wars con to the actual comic convention.

The bad thing about this facility is that they put artist alley on a different floor. Last time I sold glasses I never got to leave the vendor floor to see any of the other stuff.

If anyone is looking for Toon Tumblers I'll be on the wall on the opposite side of where the entrance is. You can't miss me because I'm in a row of media guests and guest artists.

Basically, if you find Stan Lee just follow that row down and you'll find me on the same wall.

Hope everyone introduces themselves if I haven't met you before!

See you there,

Don

Whoa. Seriously? They moved the artists to another floor? They won't be in the main hall? I know an artist who will not be pleased by that bit of information.

Most of the higher profile guests have been upstairs for the 3 years I've been attending shows at this venue. Stan is generally the only big name that is down in the main hall. The comics creators have typically also been downstairs, but after the HUGE overcrowding seen in the last two May shows they are probably trying this for some crowd control. If it works I am all for it, and I am guardedly optimistic (the show in May really was a zoo).

There is an escalator in the main hall right outside the entrance to the show floor that will take you upstairs. Going upstairs to see artists isn't as bad as it would be in many places.

Got in and walked the floor a bit tonight. Still a LOT of empty tables, hopefully they will fill up tomorrow. I've got a camera so pics will follow.

Bunch of "non comic, not star wars" booths. Hoping that everything was not set up yet.

Bummer. Well I bought my kids tickets to Legoland also

I attended Friday afternoon and had nice chats with Buffyfan and bubbagump and his wife. It was smaller than I thought but there were some good dealers set up. There was a nice selection and Friday was the best time to go since the crowds were manageable and the hallways were clear. It was nice to meet new local boardies.

We need to set up a dinner one of these days to all gather and talk comics.

Saturday went well. Got all the signatures I planned to get. Also set up a Stan Lee photo op with me and my brother. My bro got McDiarmid and Campbell as planned, so everything worked out well. Not a lot in the way of decent comics. There was a ton of quarter bin books that were not sorted, so I passed on most of those. Lots of comic related merchandise, but I was really looking for more old comics. People selling walking dead comics were doing a Brisk business at some staggering numbers. We will be going back tomorrow, we will be the guys with briefcases on shoulder straps. If you see us say feel free to say hi.

Saturday went well. Got all the signatures I planned to get. Also set up a Stan Lee photo op with me and my brother. My bro got McDiarmid and Campbell as planned, so everything worked out well. Not a lot in the way of decent comics. There was a ton of quarter bin books that were not sorted, so I passed on most of those. Lots of comic related merchandise, but I was really looking for more old comics. People selling walking dead comics were doing a Brisk business at some staggering numbers. We will be going back tomorrow, we will be the guys with briefcases on shoulder straps. If you see us say feel free to say hi.

If you stop buy the Toon Tumblers booth say hello to my me or my wife. :)