• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

Fassbender was amazing as magneto. A lot of depth to his acting and character.
Indeed :grin:

He added some charm & charisma to Magneto hm

I actually can't blame him for fighting against the humans.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Agreed :)

Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel villains :cool:

Unlike most villains,he has a good reason to hate humans.

Blech...tacked on hoo hah. I can fogive a lot of Claremont's sins because he did so much good stuff...but ruining Magneto... :mad:

:eek:

:fear:

Are there really so many people who think that the X Men are such a weak concept that they are nothing without Wolverine? Really?

Yes he is a great character (though he has appeared in many, many mediocre appearances over the years) but the X Men are a lot more than Wolverine and a bunch of guys.

The original X-Men are. They went into reprints less than a decade of being around. Even Daredevil made out better than that...they also tried it again in X-Factor and that team didn't last much longer. Probably did because Archangel wasn't as lame as Angel and Beast was furry.

I love the original X-MEN and think it's a great concept. The Thomas / Adams issues sold well enough to keep publishing new issues, but in those days it took 6 months or more to get sales data. It sold well enough, but by the time they realized it they had already decided to cancel it and at the last minute made it a reprint title. At least that's what I've read and heard from various sources. (shrug)

I love the original X-MEN and think it's a great concept. The Thomas / Adams issues sold well enough to keep publishing new issues, but in those days it took 6 months or more to get sales data. It sold well enough, but by the time they realized it they had already decided to cancel it and at the last minute made it a reprint title. At least that's what I've read and heard from various sources. (shrug)

Actually you are right. I remeber reading some of those. Really enjoyed the Livin Pharoah Havoc storyline. Didn't wind up liking the Sauron story as much as I though I would. I think one

Problem I had it Angel can fly...and so can a ton of other heroes, but can do muCh else.

I grew up on the All New All Different X-MEN, so those are my favorite...but I absolutely love the first run of the series. Cyclops was my favorite character for a long time before he was turned into a doosh :(

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Blech...tacked on hoo hah. I can fogive a lot of Claremont's sins because he did so much good stuff...but ruining Magneto... :mad:

As far as I'm concerned, Claremont turned Magneto into the most interesting and in depth villain in the Marvel universe and Fassbender did a superb job of capturing a lot of that depth on the screen. 2c

Yeah, I think the X-Men series was done in by poor writing and the Thomas/Adams revival was just too late. It takes time for people to go back to a series that they've dropped when it improves.

Maybe the most popular comic storyline in the past 40 years.

??? Really? More than DKR? Or Sandman? Or Watchmen?

I do agree with your first comment though. It could be very cool. I think it was 2nd season of Heroes where they did kind of a "future past" storyline. I liked that episode.

I'm not even an X-Fan, and I think Magneto is one of the best villains in the MU. Great backstory and motivations, great powers.

Fassbender was awesome. Loved First Class.

Maybe the most popular comic storyline in the past 40 years.

??? Really? More than DKR? Or Sandman? Or Watchmen?

I do agree with your first comment though. It could be very cool. I think it was 2nd season of Heroes where they did kind of a "future past" storyline. I liked that episode.

I think it may be possibly the most imitated storyline in comics.

When I read the Lee / Kirby stories as a kid I was always puzzled about why Magneto was so relentlessly angry and hostile.  The backstory gave him an understandable reason for believing that a strong attack is the best defence, and that all non-mutants are completely irredeemable.  Not saying I agree with his conclusion, though.

When I read the Lee / Kirby stories as a kid I was always puzzled about why Magneto was so relentlessly angry and hostile.  The backstory gave him an understandable reason for believing that a strong attack is the best defence, and that all non-mutants are completely irredeemable.  Not saying I agree with his conclusion, though.

All the krap that Claremont tacked on via retcons was his attempt to give the X-MEN their version of Doctor Doom...an honorable villain. It came out of nowhere and didn't follow anything that had come before..in other words, inorganic growth. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this, but I much prefer the pure evil Magneto who was driven by nothing more than dreams of conquest, power and revenge. Sometimes bad people are just bad people. Not every bad person was locked in a closet, beaten by their parents..etc etc.

All the krap that Claremont tacked on via retcons was his attempt to give the X-MEN their version of Doctor Doom...an honorable villain.

Except that Magneto is far more interesting than Dr. Doom. :grin:

All the krap that Claremont tacked on via retcons was his attempt to give the X-MEN their version of Doctor Doom...an honorable villain.

Except that Magneto is far more interesting than Dr. Doom. :grin:

How would you know? I didn't think you read comics :baiting: