• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

Oh goodness...Prof X does not have an English accent :facepalm:

When you read the comics do you imagine the voices in your head? :baiting:

Stop being so darn picky :sumo:

Sorry, but that is one of my favorite storylines of all time and even though I know it will get butchered, it doesn't mean I have to like it :cry:

I know enough about the character to know he's not from the UK :P

I agree, I'm a lot more interested in whether an actor can portray the essence of a character than if the accent is wrong or if Wolverine is taller than he was in the comics or if Thor isn't wearing a winged helmet.

Yes - because actors can only portray one voice. lol

I am REALLY interested to see where they go with this. :popcorn:

I am as well - it's dangerously and precariously close to Spiderman 3 in terms of overloading the story with too many characters. However, I have faith that Fox is going to be demanding Marvel-levels of quality from their films - so the new X film I think may bring back the errant franchise back from the brink.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

I agree, I'm a lot more interested in whether an actor can portray the essence of a character than if the accent is wrong or if Wolverine is taller than he was in the comics or if Thor isn't wearing a winged helmet.

(thumbs u

Did you see the first 3 ( so called ) X-MEN movies? What makes you think he's going to change for this one? (shrug)

(thumbs u

Patrick Stewart actually takes the edge off of Professor X's prissy pants, know-it-all, stuck up attitude in the comics. I like his on-screen portrayal.

If they were to use an able-bodied American actor to play Prof X in a wheelchair would that have the dedicated fans dancing a jig of dislike?

Since this is so far removed from the other X-MEN movies I don't think they would care. Most non comic book fans don't give a krap about the content...because they don't know any better.

Did you see the first 3 ( so called ) X-MEN movies? What makes you think he's going to change for this one? (shrug)

If you think that Patrick Stewart has an English accent you really need to watch more English TV.

(thumbs u

Patrick Stewart actually takes the edge off of Professor X's prissy pants, know-it-all, stuck up attitude in the comics. I like his on-screen portrayal.

It's almost like he's playing a different character huh hm

I am REALLY interested to see where they go with this. :popcorn:

I am as well - it's dangerously and precariously close to Spiderman 3 in terms of overloading the story with too many characters. However, I have faith that Fox is going to be demanding Marvel-levels of quality from their films - so the new X film I think may bring back the errant franchise back from the brink.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

I do my best to refrain from being either optimistic or pessimistic until I actually see it. That way, if it's bad then it doesn't hit you too hard and if it's good then it's a nice surprise. I certainly pay no attention to all the armchair critics who pan a film before they've seen it.

Fingers crossed for a good one, loved First Class.