• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Funny how people moan about seeing Wolvie's azz but Mystique can walk around naked for most of the movie and nobody complains. lol

She's covered in blue paint and scales, you don't see anything

Chuck, what do you do? I'd like to say I work with naked women 5 nights a week, but my wife doesn't put out that often anymore. :sorry:

I run a Gentlemen's club.

So really, the argument I'm making is just the necessity of it. I'd make the same arguement if they'd have felt the need to show Mystique's naked butt. I mean, I'd be more in favor of it. But I could still argue it wasn't necessary in any way to the story.

But why is it a problem? Is the naked male torso offensive to many on here?

He'd just gotten out of bed, hence he was naked. Should he have been in his jimjams?

Everyone gets on their free speech, you're a prude, high horse and takes off. My point was, and Chuck accurately recognized, that neither the F bomb nor the naked butt shot really did anything to further the story. If you want to dwell on realism in a movie about super heroes, how about this? Why was he naked but the girl was fully clothed? Why is that 1 F bomb the only time (once in FC and once in DOFP) that it is used? There are other far more highly charged circumstances of personal interactions in both films.

My point remains. What real purpose does it serve? Pretty sure you get exactly 1 F bomb in a PG-13 movie and the writers made a determined choice to use it, lest it go to waste. Same with the nudity.

Do I care very much? Not really. Do I think violence is more damaging to kids? Sure. America has a real fixation on sex and a casual attitude towards violence in movies. But I truly believe the violence was pretty necessary in this movie and the sex and cursing was not. That's all. Would I care if this were an Arnold movie that's rated R? Not at all. But, despite what JC may protest to the contrary about this movie and modern comics in general, the intended audience included kids. Therefore, I think the unnecessary quality of those choices would be outweighed by the intended audience.

Funny how people moan about seeing Wolvie's azz but Mystique can walk around naked for most of the movie and nobody complains. lol

Er, yes, you can see her breasts.

Or was that just me?

I thought Quicksilver only agreed to help when he heard he would be breaking into The Pentagon? I don't think they had anything to hold his interest after that.

This.

A thrill-seeker turning down the chance to keep a world famous scientist from being assassinated at the White House? Oh yeah, BORRRRRINNNGGGG.

Pictures can capture the mood better.....

95vnj.jpg

I thought Quicksilver only agreed to help when he heard he would be breaking into The Pentagon? I don't think they had anything to hold his interest after that.

This.

A thrill-seeker turning down the chance to keep a world famous scientist from being assassinated at the White House? Oh yeah, BORRRRRINNNGGGG.

Really - that's why he stole all those TV's and Ding Dongs?

Riggggggghhhht.

Or was that just me?

Unlike Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Lawrence is wearing a body suit that is then painted over.

Or was that just me?

Unlike Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Lawrence is wearing a body suit that is then painted over.

61586-jennifer-lawrence-mystique-d2hm.jpeg

My only real complaints with the X-men movies in general and DOFP and 1st Class specifically, are the ways in which they continue to misunderstand Magneto's powers...fantastic powers are great and I am willing to accept their existence as it pertains to the narrative. The way those powers interact with our known world should be easy to deal with, right?

Start here:

95w1y.jpg

1st Class:

95w59.jpg

DOFP:

95we2.jpg

Most bullets, especially in the 60's and 70's were lead or copper jacketed lead....non-magnetic. Only steel cased, or steel imbedded, rounds would be diverted by magnetic force.

Which, when we think about it, has been misused since the first X-men film:

95wsw.jpg

Maybe they are trying to say he's a Master of Metal instead of Master of Magnetism. At least then it would make sense.

It wouldn't explain hollow brass tubes being strong enough to crush diamonds, but it would be a start. lol

This.

Riggggggghhhht.

Passing up the chance to steal Presidential Ding Dongs? He'd be all over it.

This.

Riggggggghhhht.

Passing up the chance to steal Presidential Ding Dongs? He'd be all over it.

I think he probably voted for Tricky Dicky.

My only real complaints with the X-men movies in general and DOFP and 1st Class specifically, are the ways in which they continue to misunderstand Magneto's powers...fantastic powers are great and I am willing to accept their existence as it pertains to the narrative. The way those powers interact with our known world should be easy to deal with, right?

Start here:

95w1y.jpg

1st Class:

95w59.jpg

DOFP:

95we2.jpg

Most bullets, especially in the 60's and 70's were lead or copper jacketed lead....non-magnetic. Only steel cased, or steel imbedded, rounds would be diverted by magnetic force.

95wsw.jpg

Maybe they are trying to say he's a Master of Metal instead of Master of Magnetism. At least then it would make sense.

It wouldn't explain hollow brass tubes being strong enough to crush diamonds, but it would be a start. lol

That all makes sense - but can't Magneto control the magnetic field that envelops the earth to stop bullets or virtually anything, whether metallic or not? I thought that was the general idea about why he's regarded as one of the most powerful mutants of all. Anyone shed light on that?

Start here:

95w1y.jpg

1st Class:

95w59.jpg

DOFP:

95we2.jpg

95wsw.jpg

That all makes sense - but can't Magneto control the magnetic field that envelops the earth to stop bullets or virtually anything, whether metallic or not? I thought that was the general idea about why he's regarded as one of the most powerful mutants of all. Anyone shed light on that?

That would be cool if they went that way.....but then the plastic prison wouldn't work, and he wouldn't have been locked up for a decade.

Also, if that were the route they were going he wouldn't need the re-bar infusion to stop Wolverine.

Chuck, what do you do? I'd like to say I work with naked women 5 nights a week, but my wife doesn't put out that often anymore. :sorry:

So really, the argument I'm making is just the necessity of it. I'd make the same arguement if they'd have felt the need to show Mystique's naked butt. I mean, I'd be more in favor of it. But I could still argue it wasn't necessary in any way to the story.

He'd just gotten out of bed, hence he was naked. Should he have been in his jimjams?

Not a problem - just a question as to if it was necessary.

For a movie that has young people as a part of it's audience, who've maybe learned of the X-men through comic books or cartoons - was it really necessary to show his butt to get across the point that he's naked?

They actually went out of the way, as pointed out earlier to NOT show Mystique's butt throughout the movie - downplaying her nakedness. If she had gotten out of bed in the movie, in her human form, completely naked - the question would've been the same - was it necessary to show in this type of movie?

Not a problem - just a question as to if it was necessary.

For a movie that has young people as a part of it's audience, who've maybe learned of the X-men through comic books or cartoons - was it really necessary to show his butt to get across the point that he's naked?

They actually went out of the way, as pointed out earlier to NOT show Mystique's butt throughout the movie - downplaying her nakedness. If she had gotten out of bed in the movie, in her human form, completely naked - the question would've been the same - was it necessary to show in this type of movie?

I still don't see what the problem is. Is seeing the naked male behind going to traumatize the nation's children?

Everyone gets on their free speech, you're a prude, high horse and takes off. My point was, and Chuck accurately recognized, that neither the F bomb nor the naked butt shot really did anything to further the story. If you want to dwell on realism in a movie about super heroes, how about this? Why was he naked but the girl was fully clothed? Why is that 1 F bomb the only time (once in FC and once in DOFP) that it is used? There are other far more highly charged circumstances of personal interactions in both films.

My point remains. What real purpose does it serve? Pretty sure you get exactly 1 F bomb in a PG-13 movie and the writers made a determined choice to use it, lest it go to waste. Same with the nudity.

Do I care very much? Not really. Do I think violence is more damaging to kids? Sure. America has a real fixation on sex and a casual attitude towards violence in movies. But I truly believe the violence was pretty necessary in this movie and the sex and cursing was not. That's all. Would I care if this were an Arnold movie that's rated R? Not at all. But, despite what JC may protest to the contrary about this movie and modern comics in general, the intended audience included kids. Therefore, I think the unnecessary quality of those choices would be outweighed by the intended audience.

+1

Said that better than I could.

I still don't see what the problem is. Is seeing the naked male behind going to traumatize the nation's children?
Yes. That was the entire point of this discussion. Seeing a naked person is traumatizing. You nailed it right on the head. No further comments needed here. Good job.

Yes. That was the entire point of this discussion. Seeing a naked person is traumatizing. You nailed it right on the head. No further comments needed here. Good job.

Depends on the nekkid person. Seeing most folks on this board would be coma inducing.

Start here:

95w1y.jpg

1st Class:

95w59.jpg

DOFP:

95we2.jpg

95wsw.jpg

It's good to remember from time to time these are comic book stories and characters which the stories have taken some liberties with common physics.

- Emma Frost: A woman that can turn herself into a diamond. How does she move around and breathe if she is a solid diamond? Where do the diamonds go?

- Colossus: He goes from 250 pounds to 500 pounds when he transforms to metal. Where does the metal come from? And his height changes too from 6'5" to 7'5" tall when transformed. Where'd all that height come from?

Start here:

95w1y.jpg

1st Class:

95w59.jpg

DOFP:

95we2.jpg

95wsw.jpg

That would be cool if they went that way.....but then the plastic prison wouldn't work, and he wouldn't have been locked up for a decade.

Also, if that were the route they were going he wouldn't need the re-bar infusion to stop Wolverine.

True - I guess they have to take some liberties with the movies. I think he was much more powerful in the comics (and why he wasn't/isn't imprisoned there). But, I suppose for movies, you have to simplify it to "he controls metal".