• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

You did read the part where I wrote this didn't you?

"So I'll agree that she is in issue #33, albeit briefly. Which is probably why she's left off of some list of appearances in Conan for #33"

You have to agree she's not part of the story line like she is in issues 24, 43, and 44 etc. Banana dancing not withstanding.

There are more pictures of Captain America and Red Skull in Marvel Feature Vol. 2 #5 than there are of Red Sonja in Conan #33. Of course it's in a Twinkie ad or something like that, but would call that a Captain America appearance?

For the record, I never said she wasn't in #33. I said I didn't know if she was or not because some lists have it and some don't.

rantrant OVER!

Sorry cant read what you wrote need new glasses !

And a dicionary

And red sonja 7/8

Have pitty on a blind old man !

I got my red sonja raw books from the UK

5 from silversurferuk == well other than that the books were over graded by 3 grades had no backing boards and were falling out of the envelope they made it to my door

1 book from key comics == grading was 1 grade to high packaging not to bad for a envelope

hush hush === 3 books == all 3 overgraded by at least 2 grades with no backing boards and carboard in envelope on 1 side of book only !

So I ordered vf plus books and with luck got 1 vf

Bit depressing

lol

:)

Thank Mytra that Mr. Suydam decided it would look much better with a half naked Red Sonja instead of another tiger. Did you see the 9.8 #1 Savage Tales Feat. Red Sonja Virgin cover on eBay? Started at $49.00, and had one bid last time I looked. Love these covers. He also did some great Vampirella virgin covers right around the same time as these. I think these painted covers are some of his best work.

I got my red sonja raw books from the UK

5 from silversurferuk == well other than that the books were over graded by 3 grades had no backing boards and were falling out of the envelope they made it to my door

1 book from key comics == grading was 1 grade to high packaging not to bad for a envelope

hush hush === 3 books == all 3 overgraded by at least 2 grades with no backing boards and carboard in envelope on 1 side of book only !

So I ordered vf plus books and with luck got 1 vf

Bit depressing

lol

Yeah, anytime you're buying copper or older raw books it's a gamble. Although I've received brand new books that were just horrible. Looked like they were used to play Hockey with. I always ask plenty of questions. Almost to the point of being annoying, but I'd rather get it out of the way than to buy something I'm not going to want, and have to return. Unless I'm looking for a reader copy, I stay away from VF (8.0), and look for NM/M listings. At least if it's over graded it should still be a pretty nice copy. Of course there are some dirtbags out there that will say anything to move their garbage. You have to consider the price. Is it too good to be true? Or is it too high for what's in the pic? Occasionally you get lucky. Like my pence Marvel Team-Up #79, but it's rare. I've talked to a few British sellers, and after describing to them what a 9.8 is they'll agree that what they have is nowhere near that quality. It's a tough grade, but I tell them to keep an eye out because that's what I'm interested in.

I just found this photo in google images and it seemed very familiar to me for some reason. Then it hit me.

Isnt there a projector machine you shine on a picture and it transfers the image to another piece of paper for tracing ?

Think I saw it in a james bond movie?

:applause:

Edited by gyro-1

I have a few Red Sonja covers for sale over in the Original Art forum

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=53&Number=5997468&Searchpage=1&Main=270971&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5997468

Make me an offer if you see something you like :)

Man, that Stephan Segovia #24 cover is amazing. The original art for this? I wish I had the cash.

130023.jpg.921960b3edb875b795add5b0863f5685.jpg

I have a few Red Sonja covers for sale over in the Original Art forum

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=53&Number=5997468&Searchpage=1&Main=270971&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5997468

Make me an offer if you see something you like :)

Man, that Stephan Segovia #24 cover is amazing. The original art for this? I wish I had the cash.

If you got those both pro framed together it would be amazing on the wall

:cloud9:

(worship) !!!!!!! ITS ON HOLD !!!!!!!!! (worship)

Edited by gyro-1

Tiresome bore? Really? Thanks, good job getting to know someone. To quote a famous man, "What do you collect sonny?"

WTTB

Tiresome bore? Really? Thanks, good job getting to know someone. To quote a famous man, "What do you collect sonny?"

WTTB

Yawn.

Easy easy guys

It was my idea to add the price varients

I asked months ago for the adition and was ignored

When the change for the 9 poped up I asked again

I was very surprised that it was added

And very happy about it and still am

There is no way in heck that CGC would lissen to me to add a new set then now or in the future !

If some one has the pull to get CGC to make one I am all for it !

I did not do this to screw anyone over just to add books to my colection

But I guessed that some colectors would be less than happy

So its simple some one can ask CGC to add a new set or remove the price varients from this one

Me I like this but am sad others dont and would like to add more varients

So fellows have fun colecting

There is a bright side to this in that we know now there are a few Red Sonja colectors that care

And Logan510 is hogging the :popcorn:

Edited by gyro-1

It's like this. The census lists the price variants for #'s 4 and 5, and both issue dates for #9. If a certain person does or doesn't collect these for whatever reason has no baring on the issue. The registry, if there is any logic to it, should reflect the census. There are no registry sets for say, only the yellow covers, or only odd number issues. That would be ludicrous. Just like saying only my set should be the one that counts. The census should be the only thing that matters, and opinion should not cloud the issue. To date there are 6 graded copies of the #4 35 cent cover, and 3 for the #5. There are 13 graded copies for the 5/78 #9, and 6 for the 11/78 #9. These are all grades combined. As any collector worth their weight in poly bags can see, these are quite rare in highest graded examples. It stands to reason that as collectors we should strive to bring forth these rarities, and display them with pride. Having someone's opinion of what the complete set comprises of conflict with the census is simply short sighted. The facts could not be any clearer.