• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Comics - Rebirth or Crash & Burn?

25 posts in this topic

It really depends on who the creative teams are.

I've always liked Namor, so I will at least look at it...

There's a rumor that Mystique is being drawn by Linsner (perhaps covers only?)... the preview image looks like something he may have done.

I suspect that all the titles will debut at the higher cover price of $2.99. None of these seem like hits in the making. In fact, some look like washouts (like Gus Beezer, which is supposedly being written by Gail.)

Kev

Mystique

Namor

New Mutants

Nimrod

B-Sides II

Inhumans

Eternals

Cloak and Dagger

Hmmm.......great looking list Marvel. The usual parade of reboot then cancel type titles. frown.gif

I count 5 out of the eight titles here that have had series before that ended up being cancelled for poor sales. A recipe for future success if ever I saw one. frown.gif

I actually would like to see another Namor series, with a decent creative team. When Jae Lee had the art chores on the book back in the early 90's, I though the character had a bright future and promising direction.

Mystique may be an interesting title, again IF Marvel comit top talent to it.

The other titles leave me cold though. ESPECIALLY Cloak and Dagger, who imho were never strong enough characters to hold their own book....sorry Brian. grin.gif

I really don't think Mystique will be around for more than 3 or 4 years simply because that's what happens to ALL Marvel titles featuring a Female (sorry Joanna) as the lead character in a title. Don't know why but anyone remember:

Spiderwoman, Dazzler, Ms. Marvel, The Cat, Elektra (Old Series), She Hulk, Shanna, Red Sonja.

For some reason, Marvel has never been able to come up with their version of a Wonder Woman.

updated:

Mystique ("Change is Good")

Namor ("His Power is Unfathomable")

Runaways ("Who are the runaways... and what are they running from?")

(possibly an update of the New Mutants concept)

Nimrod ("Marvel's Newest Hero...has a very BIG secret")

Human Torch mini-series ("...4...3...2...1... Ignition")

(grey pattern is really the Torch's flame)

Venom ("Guess Who's Back?")

Gus Beezer ("Who is Gus Beezer?")

Not listed:

The Call (ongoing) Announced today in a press conference

411 (mini-series) Announced today in a press conference

Punisher: Born (MAX comics mini-series by Ennis and Robinson detailing the COMPLETE origin of the Punisher)

Don't forget - this is only the first Wave.... more to come.... such as:

B-Sides II

Inhumans

Eternals

Cloak and Dagger

Kev