• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Villain(s) for Spiderman III will be....

120 posts in this topic

The way I see it we have several choices-

1. Harry Osborn (as Gobby or perhaps Hobgoblin)

2. Doc Connor becomes the Lizard.

3. John Jameson becomes Man-Wolf.

4. Eddie Brock (mentioned in 1st film) becomes Venom.

5. My wildcard choice is Sandman.

6. 2nd wildcard choice-maybe Morbius.

I really hope it is not just Harry but I can't help but think he will be involved in some way...boring sleeping.gifzzzzzz. Maybe it will be a combo of villains creating something like a Universal Monster theme- have Man-Wolf, The Lizard and maybe Morbius...perhaps a Halloween Release? Believe me this is not what I am hoping for but I think this is what may happen. If I had my druthers I would like to see Venom, The Shocker, Sandman, Lizard or a long shot Juggernaut (story line where Madam Web is killed by Caine Marcos- 228-230-I think-story is awesome Spidey has to stop Juggy).

VZ

Has to be:

Harry as The Hobgoblin

Raimi knows that if he brings back that horrid Green Power Ranger outfit, the fanboys will lynch him.

P.S. I believe characters like Morbius and Sandman are either under license to other studios, or are part of another deal.

Has to be:

Harry as The Hobgoblin

Raimi knows that if he brings back that horrid Green Power Ranger outfit, the fanboys will lynch him.

P.S. I believe characters like Morbius and Sandman are either under license to other studios, or are part of another deal.

I'm going with you on this one JC thumbsup2.gif

Has to be:

Harry as The Hobgoblin

I'm going with you on this one JC thumbsup2.gif

And people (non-fanboys, specifically) will LOVE the "continued" story arc... high drama, high action, the audiences will go nuts for that kind of continuity.

Uh-oh... I said the "c"-word. insane.gif

im guessing that Raimi and Avi have been sort of setting the table for a long run of movies, should each one succeed well enough to keep the series going. So all these "teaser characters" from the comics may segue intto the next plotline/movie, or just serve as cool bits for us fans and nothing more if the run is cut short like the Batman films were. Also, the filmmakers are fans too, so just using these minor characters is a kick for them too. And, I would guess, Avi and the rest would LOVE to get to make Spidey 15 someday and have used ALL the Spidey villains eventually.

but of your guesses, I hope its not Power Ranger GG, If Harry becomes a Gobby in the next film, I hope its more like the comics mask and costume, or Hobby instead (like a new and improved Goblin 2.0)

Mysterio has been a dumb villain, but I think his Hollywood origins would make for great dialogue etc. And save $$$s on some set design!!

How about expanding on JJJs character and having him finance a new villain?

Im hoping whatever they do with #3, that they do the Sinister Six storyline in #4. Whichevr way they do, the pressure is building now. Both films have been huge successes. But the first soft film that does far less business than the last will set the stage for the end of the franchise.

How about Hobby and the Kingpin together? They had their run ins before and that would certainly beef up the storyline.

The company that made Daredevil have the rights to Kingpin.

Or are Spiderman and Daredevil by the same company?

You'll know when the Spider-man movies have run their course when we get into lame "super villain team-ups", like what happened with Batman.

2 hours is barely enough time for one bad guy, let along something like the Sinister Six. 893frustrated.gif

How cool would it be to see Sandman fight Spidey!? (If the CGI is done correctly, of couse... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

You'll know when the Spider-man movies have run their course when we get into lame "super villain team-ups", like what happened with Batman.

If they can keep writers like Chabon and the others (or even that caliber), that shouldn't be a problem. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If they can keep writers like Chabon and the others (or even that caliber), that shouldn't be a problem. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's not the writers who decide the villains and new characters for big-budget sequels like this, it's the studios. The writers have no power at all, just get a story outline and then join A to B to C.

Trust me, Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman & Robin, and he just created a story around the studio-desired mix of Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane.

Of course, we could always hope that an A-List Hollywood writer would refuse to take part in a Sinister Six Spider-man movie, but with the money involved, I doubt that would happen. 27_laughing.gif

It's not the writers who decide the villains and new characters for big-budget sequels like this, it's the studios. The writers have no power at all, just get a story outline and then join A to B to C.

Trust me, Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman & Robin, and he just created a story around the studio-desired mix of Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane.

Of course, we could always hope that an A-List Hollywood writer would refuse to take part in a Sinister Six Spider-man movie, but with the money involved, I doubt that would happen. 27_laughing.gif

I would start off my argument by saying "Well, WATCH 'Batman & Robin'..."

I think the problem with that movie started with the "big stars" and ended with the director. For me, that thing is unwatchable, but not because of the story.

Would I LIKE to see a movie like one we're discussing? Absolutely not. Do I think we will? Probably not. "Marvel", up to this point, seems to have a pretty solid plan for what needs to happen with these movies to make them successful, and I think the reviews and audience response for these recent sequels (X-Men, Spider-Man, and even Blade) are going to create a new "formula" for serialized super-hero movies. The studios (hopefully) are learning that with continuity they can carry audiences through a franchise the same way TV shows do from week to week.

I don't recall seeing any of that with the Batmans or Supermans or even movies like Star Trek (with the exception of the "Spock Thing").

And don't worry, JC... I know that you will place NO faith in the Hollywood Machine and its ability to carry out a "new-style" franchise.

stooges.gif

I give Raimi a little more credit than to set-up a final scene (not to mention that he did this during a climatic point in the plot) with no connection to the next chapter. Granted, there are a lot of subtle hints that keep us guessing, but when Dafoe's calling Franco out to avenge his death, the on-camera panning of the Green Goblins quarters, his crotch-rocket, mask and pumpkin-bombs scream out that Raimi's choice to adopt a new outfit might have already been met with stern opposition by the studio and its budgetary calls for a rigid Gobby outfit that won't drain the CGI budget. The only out is that Harry didn't look like a willing disciple... but otherwise, I think we are very likely to see that horrid costume donned once again. frown.gif

villains that should NOT be in a sequel (unless completely overhauled).

1. Kraven

2. Mysterio

3. Vulture

4. Carnage

5. Tarantula (maybe)

6. Scorpion

7. Rhino

8. The Enforcers

9. Black Cat

10. Chameleon.

Your thoughts?

VZ

Amen! 27_laughing.gif

But you know, really, I could see having someone like the Vulture or someone of that ilk as a sort of "opening sequence" villain. Someone that is pummeled and put away in the first ten minutes of the movie.

Okay, now that I say that I'm not so sure. Have they established the presence of other super-heroes in the Spideyverse? I mean, have other costumed vigilantes been discussed in passing at some point? I don't remember... and if they haven't established it one way or the other, I hope they do so in the coming film, as I feel it would "round-out" the reality a little more.

(I would prefer keeping the hero/villain population as small as possible for this movie franchise, as long as we're discussing it. Let the X-films deal with the huge numbers of superpeople! Keep Spidey about Spidey.)