• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alone or Not Alone?

Do you believe there are intelligent beings on other worlds?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe there are intelligent beings on other worlds?

27 posts in this topic

heres how I look at it, thjere are an infinite number of suns in the universe. A certain percentage of which will have planetary systems. Out of these, some (no matter how few) will contain life forms. If you work with an infinite sampling, any outcome you seek must occur.

But, out of all these life forms, only a small percentage will have achieved intergalactic traveln and of those that have, chances are they live very very very far away (and perhaps even a long long time ago). So I absolutely do not think any of these UFO sightings have been alien beings. Finding us way out in our corner of the universe is asking too much.

Of course , that conclusion contradicts what I said about infinite numbers... but I draw the line at visitations.

heres how I look at it, thjere are an infinite number of suns in the universe. A certain percentage of which will have planetary systems. Out of these, some (no matter how few) will contain life forms. If you work with an infinite sampling, any outcome you seek must occur.

But, out of all these life forms, only a small percentage will have achieved intergalactic traveln and of those that have, chances are they live very very very far away (and perhaps even a long long time ago). So I absolutely do not think any of these UFO sightings have been alien beings. Finding us way out in our corner of the universe is asking too much.

Of course , that conclusion contradicts what I said about infinite numbers... but I draw the line at visitations.

Very astute! I dont believe that we have been visit as yet and majority of things seen can be explained. However I do believe that because of the sheer numbers of suns out there, certainly there is intelligent life stemming from at least one if not more. I would find it hard to believe that we are THAT unique!

Although what they look like is something I can only speculate on...depends on the environment they are in and their evolution. Still I would be the first person in line if we ever did develop the technology to go explore other worlds! thumbsup2.gif

I wonder if the speed of light is possible! Speed of sound is.Who knows?

Davidking623

Very astute! I dont believe that we have been visit as yet and majority of things seen can be explained. However I do believe that because of the sheer numbers of suns out there, certainly there is intelligent life stemming from at least one if not more. I would find it hard to believe that we are THAT unique!

Although what they look like is something I can only speculate on...depends on the environment they are in and their evolution. Still I would be the first person in line if we ever did develop the technology to go explore other worlds! thumbsup2.gif

thats one of the intriguing possibilities. We are carbon based. Other lifeforms could be silicon based. Or some element that just does not exist in our corner of the universe. (But I doubt that ... Id be surprised if we dont have access to all the same natural elements that they would)

It frustrates me sometimes when I think about it. We will never know. We focus out attention on the here and now, with everything around us, and just run into a blank wall when we try to figure out the bigger questions: how it all started? could it all end? if it "started", whaw was before? Can there ever BE a 'time' BEFORE the beginning? So its always been here, but it must have 'started sometime and somewhere?" arrrggghhhhh.

I wonder if the speed of light is possible! Speed of sound is.Who knows?

Davidking623

Einstein knows. He says no.