• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four 52 club
5 5

286 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 4:50 AM, KirbyJack said:

Nice bump! 

It's fun to think about the comics that were easy to buy back then. FF 52 could be found in every LCS in town.

It is pretty wild to think about how affordable first appearance issues were "back in the day"...I was able to pick up a nice raw VF- (7.5) copy of FF #52 for $120 back in late 2001...

Granted that was 20(!) years ago, but still...

On 2/7/2022 at 2:49 PM, silverseeker said:

It is pretty wild to think about how affordable first appearance issues were "back in the day"...I was able to pick up a nice raw VF- (7.5) copy of FF #52 for $120 back in late 2001...

Granted that was 20(!) years ago, but still...

I've always been happy to have a copy so never gave a thought to upgrading. If only I did 20 years ago as well.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:51 PM, SkoBuffs99 said:

Just added this copy after doing a bit of research! Not the best copy in the world but I think it has tremendous eye appeal and the historical value has always been off the charts for me in regards to this issue! Even better is that this is a UK pence copy, which according to my math, account for just 1.4% of all graded copies in the CGC census! So many neat factors with this issue!

040C1EB4-B507-4AA8-A75A-663AD5B03230.jpeg

Ticket punched

On 3/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, innocuous said:

Ticket punched

With panels out of page 3/4, the ticket is quite literally punched! However, with the prices that this book has gone up to and the importance of the character of Black Panther, with the additional coolness and rarity of this as a pence copy, I feel like it was a really sweet snag and is still a book that is tremendously undervalued!

On 4/15/2022 at 8:36 AM, Straw-Man said:

don't mean to be blasphemous, but as a kid, gettin' 'em off the spinner month-to-month, this book, following on the heels of the trilogy and the fabulous stand-alone 51, was somewhat of a nothing-burger to me and my ff-collecting pals.

I didn’t get to read it as a kid. I was a certified fan in my twenties when I first read this one, and I often read several FFs at a time. It all felt to me like one big, wonderful, continuous story from issue to issue.