• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men grades are in.. #4, GS1, H181

33 posts in this topic

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I sent in some x books and now that I have the grades I will be making them available. They are:

Xmen 4 8.5 OWW $750 potentially on hold pending scan

Giant Size Xmen 1 9.4 OW $1450

Hulk 181 9.4 OW $1950

Thanks hi.gif

x4.jpg

x4back.jpg

Huh - maybe I really was too hard on this h181 893whatthe.gif

hulk181.jpg

hulk181back.jpg

gsx1.jpg

gsx1back.jpg

Do you have scans of the books?

Brian

I'm sorry, I don't yet. I just got the grades and don't physically have the books back in hand yet. However, they all had nice QP and great eye appeal thumbsup2.gif From the same source as the #5 and #12 scans I posted last week.

I will post scans when I get them but am listing the grades and prices early to see if a deal will get rolling. cool.gif

You submitting any X-Men 94's in the 8.5-9.2 range? The only way I look at buying one of those is from a fellow Canuck.

Hi Vince,

No, I'm sorry, not planning to submit anything like that at this time frown.gif

You submitting any X-Men 94's in the 8.5-9.2 range? The only way I look at buying one of those is from a fellow Canuck.

Why?

Because I don't feel like:

a) Offering an early Xmas present to the customs guys and postal workers.

b) Assuming it arrives, getting reamed out on taxes.

Why?

You're so anti-American 27_laughing.gif

and to battle (a), that's what insurance is for gossip.gif

Sorry, it's just so much easier to have a Canuck ship it via ExpressPost and a day or so later, it arrives at my front door, delivered by a smiling Postal guy.

And it's not like X-Men 9.4 8.5-9.2 issues are in any way rare, so I have little doubt of one showing up.

Why?

You're so anti-American 27_laughing.gif

and to battle (a), that's what insurance is for gossip.gif

Unfortunatly the insurance that solves (a) will guarantee maximum reamage in (b).

frown.gif

Weren't you expecting a 9.0 on the Hulk 181? That's very surprising to be under that far. From what I've seen Hulk 181 is graded VERY tightly by CGC. What's your opinion of this copy?

Brian

Well to be honest, my initial grades on these three books were based at on an arm's length glance. I didn't even properly unpack the books. One thing I've noticed from all of the books from this source is that they have absolutely mirror like covers - ie. no surface indents at all. I'm guessing that brought the grade up from what it would otherwise be. Or, I may just have made a mistake in my hurry to send them off, although I was bang on with the other two books.