• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.f704f97861b1e9101542c4b5c3e17eef.png

Greggy, just a question. I see you put max for the valuation for all 25 books. Since CGC uses that when shipping for insurance doesn't choosing the max amount cause your shipping rates to be higher? I know you are a high volume submission guy so I am just wondering.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Greggy, just a question. I see you put max for the valuation for all 25 books. Since CGC uses that when shipping for insurance doesn't choosing the max amount cause your shipping rates to be higher? I know you are a high volume submission guy so I am just wondering.

I live in Canada so everything is returned via 2-day Fedex with a limited insurance value so I have to deal with it on my own.

Therefore, the charge is the charge and not subject to the registered mail rate with respect to insurance.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, joeypost said:

= the rest of us are a nail-shaped or rod-shaped piece with a spiral groove and a slotted or recessed head designed to be inserted into material by rotating and used for fastening pieces of solid material together

This

On 12/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, joeypost said:

= the rest of us are a nail-shaped or rod-shaped piece with a spiral groove and a slotted or recessed head designed to be inserted into material by rotating and used for fastening pieces of solid material together

e705107d37ab30a93076d4c7d61933ec.gif.eef119e3aeb3d7d2bc851455782ac5ee.gif

On 12/3/2021 at 6:31 AM, lotofsilver said:

I'm convinced that once a sub moves to GEI, if it's not shipped within 48 hours you're basically f'ed and it moves to the bottom of the pile. 100 book sub received 7/22, 25 shipped on 11/15 and the other 75 have been GEI since 11/16.

Screenshot_20211203-082733_Chrome.jpg

When did your status change from SFG to GEI?

On 12/3/2021 at 9:00 AM, Gary Strange said:

Shipped 04/15/21
Received/checked in by CGC 5/28/21
Charged by CCS 09/08/21

CCS in process ever since to this day

The one positive about CCS is that I haven't seen any non fast track submissions skip the line yet. On the negative side, I'm super worried that CCS hasn't even gotten to the late April/ early May submittals (after the price change) and they're still currently sitting at a 196 business day turnaround time. Can you imagine the log jam when they start tackling these submissions in a month or 2, especially considering they were only charging $8 per book for quick press vs. $15 for new submissions. I wouldn't be surprised if CCS takes the same route as CGC and start expediting pressing for new submissions because of the higher charge fee.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, skybolt said:

The one positive about CCS is that I haven't seen any non fast track submissions skip the line yet. On the negative side, I'm super worried that CCS hasn't even gotten to the late April/ early May submittals (after the price change) and they're still currently sitting at a 196 business day turnaround time. Can you imagine the log jam when they start tackling these submissions in a month or 2, especially considering they were only charging $8 per book for quick press vs. $15 for new submissions. I wouldn't be surprised if CCS takes the same route as CGC and start expediting pressing for new submissions because of the higher charge fee.

Find a local presser if I plan to submit books, lesson learned.  Everything I submitted has already gone from hot to cold.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, Gary Strange said:

Find a local presser if I plan to submit books, lesson learned.  Everything I submitted has already gone from hot to cold.

100%. After the price change I submitted a large stack of books to a 3rd party presser. Too bad I still have 9 separate submissions sitting in CCS's que, that were mailed back in March and April.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, skybolt said:

100%. After the price change I submitted a large stack of books to a 3rd party presser. Too bad I still have 9 separate submissions sitting in CCS's que, that were mailed back in March and April.

There's enough info out there to learn to do it yourself, just takes the right equipment and a little practice/patience.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:30 AM, dikran1 said:

There's enough info out there to learn to do it yourself, just takes the right equipment and a little practice/patience.

Not if you're clumsy like me. :) I can't tell you how many times I've had tape stick to the front cover of a book (as I pull it out from the mylar), or have stacks of raw books slide off a table when I'm not looking. 

Edited by skybolt

On 12/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, Chazgee said:

I've thought of doing this myself, just don't have the time. 

For me it's also about maintaining the enjoyment of factor of collecting / selling. I love going to the comic shop and sifting through books and then going through them in detail when I get back home. This is all fun and relaxing for me. I get the feeling pressing my own books will give me zero enjoyment.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:36 AM, skybolt said:

Not if you're clumsy like me. :) I can't tell you how many times I've had tape stick to the front cover of a book (as I pull it out from the mylar), or have stacks of raw books slide off a table when I'm not looking. 

Yeah, I don't submit enough books to justify that time/money investment, and would rather leave it to someone else who knows what they are doing.