• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,975 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2022 at 12:48 PM, JollyComics said:

I remember it was 137 days for Economy last October and it was expanded to 169 days last January and is now ballooned to 223 days!!!

Roughly 10 months. So in reality economy books from June of last year should be getting finalized. Anyone see any movement on their June economy books?July?

On 5/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

To be fair, a book with a 1” colour-breaking crease is not a NM-/9.2

Heartily agree. My experience has seen maybe an 8.0-8.5 if it's on rear cover, but never on front or that book is dropping to a 7.0 max if you're lucky. That said, friend of mine has or had a 9.6 with a 1/4" color break corner crease on front. Line followed artwork so must have been overlooked which doesn't speak well of that grader but point is sometimes surprising flaws can slip by at a higher grade. Never assume it will just because it did in past though.  

On 5/21/2022 at 12:48 PM, JollyComics said:

I remember it was 137 days for Economy last October and it was expanded to 169 days last January and is now ballooned to 223 days!!!

Because of the extreme mixed messaging from CGC customer service reps, I'll ask all of you....

Let's say in the case above, my Economy Tier books were received in October 2021.  At that time Economy Tier is 137 business day.  However, today, Economy Tier is 223 days.

Should my expectations for turnaround times be based the TAT from when the books were first received, or current TAT?  

On 5/22/2022 at 9:05 AM, iae21 said:

Should my expectations for turnaround times be based the TAT from when the books were first received, or current TAT?  

base expectations off todays TAT. TATs reflect the books being worked on today I believe. So if TAT today is 223 days then those books were subbed 223 WORKING days ago. So whatever todays TAT is, take it and work backwards not forwards (as seen in your example, the TAT of 137 at time of submission did not reflect what happened to your books). So you more likely than not have a few months, but if TATs decrease or increase in that time it impacts your books more than books being submitted now.

I think.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, Bird said:

252 working days in a year

economy TAT is now 223 days, 10.5 months real time...puts us at mid-July 2021 which is about where they are based on scant evidence provided

:facepalm:

I heard that they were usually working in overtime and over the weekends last year but they ceased to do that. Every Friday, they get free pizzas for being working hard. What’s kind of that rewards? Nothing for us but waiting?

Edited by JollyComics

On 5/22/2022 at 9:03 AM, JollyComics said:

I heard that they were usually working in overtime and over the weekends last year but they ceased to do that. Every Friday, they get free pizzas for being working hard. What’s kind of that rewards? Nothing for us but waiting?

They did not cease to work weekends. We've had posts including my self where tat tracking changed on the weekend, within the last month (thumbsu

On 5/20/2022 at 11:34 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

First time submitting books in two years. Package was received on 5/17 and already SFG. Surprised me!

Don't want to burst your bubble, but once books are received they now go immediately to SFG, so I don't think that status really means anything these days.  Once the status changes to GEI you *should* be close to getting them back.  Normally they will ship within a week or so of the GEI change, but there seem to be some outliers where it takes much longer (no idea why this is).  Hopefully you did not submit books under the ECONOMY tier as from what others have lamented here they only now grading ECONOMY books from late July/early August 2021.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, JollyComics said:

Is that true?  Lesson to employers: STOP GIVING PEOPLE PIZZA AND PAY THEM MORE.  

Many reasons....

Convinience

people way think they are better (or just as good)

people may want to avoid another shipping charge

they may be closer

<--- never used CCS

On 5/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, Petroman said:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but once books are received they now go immediately to SFG, so I don't think that status really means anything these days.  Once the status changes to GEI you *should* be close to getting them back.  Normally they will ship within a week or so of the GEI change, but there seem to be some outliers where it takes much longer (no idea why this is).  Hopefully you did not submit books under the ECONOMY tier as from what others have lamented here they only now grading ECONOMY books from late July/early August 2021.

I'm well aware of the process. Just surprised my package was opened same day as received.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:03 AM, JollyComics said:

We've seen weekend movement this year so it's still happening. Something that has changed - they're going back to Cons. This weekend was Orlando. Which means the "TAT = business days excluding the Friday of a Con" applies again. Losing a grading day while they collect a truckload of submissions to bring back :/

On 5/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, optimal_max said:

If we have multiple independent pressers/cleaners who are cheaper and much faster then CCS, why does anyone still use CCS?

Another reason people still use CCS is that CGC has removed almost any other pressers ability to work on Signature Series books and have them retain the SS label.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Another reason people still use CCS is that CGC has removed almost any other pressers ability to work on Signature Series books and have them retain the SS label.

This

I have several 9.8 SS books in 9.6 slabs

On 5/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, optimal_max said:

If we have multiple independent pressers/cleaners who are cheaper and much faster then CCS, why does anyone still use CCS?

Almost all are 4 months to 1 year behind for doing pressings. Several of them are currently not accepting the new submissions.

I have to use CCS for the restoration removals.

Edited by JollyComics