• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,504 posts in this topic

@CGC Mike Is there an issue right now trying to submit orders? I am at the final step where you have entered all of your credit card information and when I submit, it hangs for a bit and then tells me to try again later.

On 7/18/2024 at 6:23 AM, NY Roadkill said:

Finally shipped, complete timeline for books sent for in-house signing for Terry Austin and Chris Claremont was:

X-Men #137B and  #141B
Mailed 2/24/24
Received by CGC 3/1/24
Signed by Terry Austin 3/26/24
Signed by Chris Claremont 5/8/24
Scheduled for Grading 6/20/24
GEI 6/26/24
QC/Finalized 7/10/24
Grading/QC 7/10/24
Shipped 7/17/24

IMG_3227.thumb.jpeg.5d0499f3bb77ffcea20fd7ae154d86cf.jpeg
quite jealous… sent mine for Claremont in December, still waiting.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:48 AM, captainzombie said:

@CGC Mike Is there an issue right now trying to submit orders? I am at the final step where you have entered all of your credit card information and when I submit, it hangs for a bit and then tells me to try again later.

Not sure if this helps, but last time this happened about a year or so ago they said to check your packing slips. I had all of the same things happen to me, and when I went into my packing slips I discovered it was there, although I am not sure if they went in manually first to make sure one of my attempts showed up there. 

On 7/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, Stefan_W said:

Not sure if this helps, but last time this happened about a year or so ago they said to check your packing slips. I had all of the same things happen to me, and when I went into my packing slips I discovered it was there, although I am not sure if they went in manually first to make sure one of my attempts showed up there. 

My packing slip is there, but it will not allow me to submit it. We keep getting, "Your order cannot be submitted at this time. Please try again later."

@CGC Mike

On 7/12/2024 at 11:43 AM, Stefan_W said:

24 book MODERN submission

July 11 - arrived at CGC

July 12 - SFG

July 12 - credit card charged

24 book MODERN submission

July 11 - arrived at CGC

July 12 - SFG

July 12 - credit card charged

July 18 - variants, etc, updated on the form

I noticed a while back that news stands, variants, and all of that are updated a few days ahead of the actual grading. My only mild concern is the Mark's Jewelers one was not updated correctly, but I figure that requires opening the book so they probably leave that to the graders.  

25 MODERN

7/2 USPS deliverd

7/3 SFG & CC billed

(7/4 - 7/7 holiday)

7/17 GEI

7/18 Shipped

I count 10 working days, mailroom to mailroom

(I am getting the idea that pressing is more important than before, as "slight bends" showed up a lot in the grader notes)

Edited by kcm54

How have TAT been with books submitted for JSA sig certification?

With SDCC towards the end of this week, expect some good old slowdown on the TAT times for sure. My order from last week went to SFG, hoping that these can get into GEI before before end of the week. LOL! I fear that SDCC will take a hit on this, especially if they are doing any kind of on site grading, which I am not sure if they are.

On 7/22/2024 at 10:02 AM, captainzombie said:

How have TAT been with books submitted for JSA sig certification?

With SDCC towards the end of this week, expect some good old slowdown on the TAT times for sure. My order from last week went to SFG, hoping that these can get into GEI before before end of the week. LOL! I fear that SDCC will take a hit on this, especially if they are doing any kind of on site grading, which I am not sure if they are.

I have a modern submission in SFG, a pre-screen that has been at CGC for almost a week without the box being opened, and three other submissions on the way. SDCC is definitely going to slow down most of what I am sending right now, but I am in the same boat where I am hoping that the submissions already there will not be delayed. 

You are definitely right, if they are doing on site grading at SDCC I think we will have delays at the encapsulation and quality control stages. 

On 7/22/2024 at 9:50 AM, Stefan_W said:

I have a modern submission in SFG, a pre-screen that has been at CGC for almost a week without the box being opened, and three other submissions on the way. SDCC is definitely going to slow down most of what I am sending right now, but I am in the same boat where I am hoping that the submissions already there will not be delayed. 

You are definitely right, if they are doing on site grading at SDCC I think we will have delays at the encapsulation and quality control stages. 

Let's hope these books get done this week for us, because SDCC will for sure impact the TATs for sure.

My submission they received on Friday got opened up this morning due to having a UV in the box. That has been the fastest I've had a UV sub get opened up and go to GEI. Hoping for good results. 

On 7/22/2024 at 12:45 PM, captainzombie said:

Let's hope these books get done this week for us, because SDCC will for sure impact the TATs for sure.

My submission they received on Friday got opened up this morning due to having a UV in the box. That has been the fastest I've had a UV sub get opened up and go to GEI. Hoping for good results. 

Good luck! :wishluck:

On 7/16/2024 at 11:12 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 book Modern Pre-Screen submission

July 16 - arrived at CGC

Still waiting for the box to be opened. Since we are coming up on a week I contacted customer service and they told me that the current wait time for boxes to be opened is 7-10 business days.

On 7/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, Stefan_W said:

Still waiting for the box to be opened. Since we are coming up on a week I contacted customer service and they told me that the current wait time for boxes to be opened is 7-10 business days.

Ouch, they must be a bit delayed. I guess it helped that I have an UV submission to at least get the box opened up ASAP.

Hoping you get yours opened soon.

Edited by captainzombie

25 PRESCREEN MODERN w Custom Labels

Delivered: 7/1/25

SFG: 7/3/24

GEI: 7/17/24

GQC: 7/17/24

SHIPPED: 07/22/24

Not sure if it was in GQC for over 2 business days due to an error or not.  I noticed several of the labels are wrong and called out of curiosity   The rep said it possible it was caught and relabeled, but not re-imaged   The rep could not say for sure.  I guess we will see later this week if I have a ME submission.