• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,976 posts in this topic

Why don't they just take the estimated turn around times off the web site and post "You'll get them when you get them."

Because that would be unprofessional.

You'll need a better excuse than that.

Sadly, I have to agree. Besides their occasional PSA and the hiring of new office staff, the proffesionalism hasn't exactly been glaring lately :(

Why don't they just take the estimated turn around times off the web site and post "You'll get them when you get them."

Because that would be unprofessional.

i-see-what-you-did-there-cat-8ddsxu.jpg

just called and they are behind on fast tracks as well

Wait, what? That better not be true. If you are asking for an extra fee to bring the service speed up to about what it should be already and now are falling behind on that then you are getting into some serious business ethics issues.

Wait, what? That better not be true. If you are asking for an extra fee to bring the service speed up to about what it should be already and now are falling behind on that then you are getting into some serious business ethics issues.

It's all relative...they still aren't promising WHEN...just that it's done FASTER relative to the other tiers.

It's all relative...they still aren't promising WHEN...just that it's done FASTER relative to the other tiers.

Plus it is not unethical to fall behind. It may end up being bad business, but not unethical.

At the rate they are going we will soon be getting FTs at regular estimated turn around times.

Plus it is not unethical to fall behind. It may end up being bad business, but not unethical.

I'm not saying it's unethical to fall behind. I'm saying it's unethical to charge a fee for faster (relative) turnaround times, fall behind and keep accepting the fee.

I'm not saying it's unethical to fall behind. I'm saying it's unethical to charge a fee for faster (relative) turnaround times, fall behind and keep accepting the fee.

The consumer has to determine at what point they will not pay extra any longer. Right now we are all paying significantly more for FT and FT is starting to not be so fast. Basically we are telling CGC that we will pay more. If they ever do get caught up, I would expect another price increase.

Edited by MCMiles

I'd have to agree with that. Everyone - even companies - are entitled to make mistakes or miss a deadline. But, collecting an upcharge fee for a service they know that they can't fulfill is unethical.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to take a run at CGC with a chargeback on services promised but not delivered. I mean, timeframes are right there on the website - customers can prove that they paid for a service they didn't get. That sounds like potential trouble.

I'd have to agree with that. Everyone - even companies - are entitled to make mistakes or miss a deadline. But, collecting an upcharge fee for a service they know that they can't fulfill is unethical.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to take a run at CGC with a chargeback on services promised but not delivered. I mean, timeframes are right there on the website - customers can prove that they paid for a service they didn't get. That sounds like potential trouble.

is that possible though? if i pay with a credit card, could i do a charge back if books aren't done on the estimated timeframe? wouldn't they just argue it was estimated? this sounds intriguing to me

just looked and they are still hiring graders. im guessing they cant find graders in sarasota. who would pick up and move to sarasota for probably not a lot of money, and from what i read in an update from cgc, work 6 days a week? that sounds spooning awful

just open another location, in or near a city people would want to live dammit

Edited by zarduzi

just looked and they are still hiring graders. im guessing they cant find graders in sarasota. who would pick up and move to sarasota for probably not a lot of money, and from what i read in an update from cgc, work 6 days a week? that sounds spooning awful

just open another location, in or near a city people would want to live dammit

especially since potential employees probably have to go through extensive background checks to get hired and bonded. And once hired put through a fairly rigorous training in book handling and grading.

I think they would be better off hiring people to fill in the other administrative and operating duties, and let the graders focus on grading. E.G. must be easier to find qualified website people or shipping/receiving people or accountants than graders. So they should (and they may already be doing it) try to fill in those positions. Additionally, the witnesses that go to cons REALLY REALLY don't need to be the same as the graders.